newbie plz help

baashi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
im newbie i have no idea about sattellitte tv and i want to wtch premiership matches so any help will be needed thanks.
this is the equipment i got but i dont knw if is the rite one
100cm Hi-Gain Soild Satellite Dish
DiSEqC 1.2/1.3 Usals Satellite
My Location
london
i have just bought 1m MOTORISED SATELLITE DISH DiSEqC 1.2 MOTOR + 0.2 LNB here is the link
Code:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1m-MOTORISED-SATELLITE-DISH-DiSEqC-1-2-MOTOR-0-2-LNB-/220356240463?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_ConEle_SatCableFreeview_RL&hash=item334e41644f

i would like to ask some question as i want to watch premier league matches next season is this package good to watch prem matches also do i got tm1000d+ so do they go together and if i connect them together can i watch the matches if not what do i need to do thank u

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
In that case you will need to buy a subscription from sky and a sky stb from ebay, nobody can watch Premiership football for free unless they card share and for that you would need a Linux based stb

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Hi Baashi.

It's worth noting that a 550mm Steel Wall Mount will not support a 100cm without it's problems.

A good set of TK brackets required.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
baashi said:
i have just bought 1m MOTORISED SATELLITE DISH DiSEqC 1.2 MOTOR + 0.2 LNB here is the link
Code:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1m-MOTORISED-SATELLITE-DISH-DiSEqC-1-2-MOTOR-0-2-LNB-/220356240463?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_ConEle_SatCableFreeview_RL&hash=item334e41644f

i would like to ask some question as i want to watch premier league matches next season is this package good to watch prem matches also do i got tm1000d+ so do they go together and if i connect them together can i watch the matches if not what do i need to do thank u

How much are you willing to spend on subscriptions?? There are no freebies these days for Prem games

The best subs are a thousand quid a year and have to use a uk based reseller - (or 1500 if you want HD channels as well!) :D

baashi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
im newbie i have no idea about sattellitte tv and i want to wtch premiership matches so any help will be needed thanks.
My Location
london
satelliteman said:
Hi Baashi.

It's worth noting that a 550mm Steel Wall Mount will not support a 100cm without it's problems.

A good set of TK brackets required.

so this wall mount is useless can u recomend me any site that is selling tk brackets m8 also is tm1000 good thanks

baashi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
london
Analoguesat said:
How much are you willing to spend on subscriptions?? There are no freebies these days for Prem games

The best subs are a thousand quid a year and have to use a uk based reseller - (or 1500 if you want HD channels as well!) :D

thanks for the reply all i want to watch is the rsenal games no hd how much will that be m8

baashi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
london
Topper said:
In that case you will need to buy a subscription from sky and a sky stb from ebay, nobody can watch Premiership football for free unless they card share and for that you would need a Linux based stb

how can i do cardshare m8 also how can i get linux based stb thank you for the reply

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
baashi said:
how can i do cardshare m8 also how can i get linux based stb thank you for the reply

Nobody has time to walk you through this, if you want to know how to do these things you have to learn how by reading the appropriate section of the forum. But if you do not start now you may not be ready for the start of the new season as that is how long it will take you to feel comfortable with the stb, they are definitely not plug and play

I would also point out that on this forum m8 is not considered a polite way of addressing people as indeed is any form of text speak

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
baashi said:
so this wall mount is useless can u recomend me any site that is selling tk brackets m8 also is tm1000 good thanks

In a nutshell, yes.

Try >> Satellites UK site Sponsors or a quick search around the net.