Newbie SKY Italia Advice

super azzuri

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hi all.

Looking to get SKY Italia installed in Newcastle area, but got a few questions first and as all prev questions posted by me where answered quickly and fully on forum prev. thought would ask you guys another question first b4 asking anyone else.

1. Been quoted about £1200.00 for full package.(Box, card). but after that looks as if cards alone are about £900.00. can this been done any cheaper or this a decent deal?
2. Does RAI TV thru SKY Italia suffer from encryption blackouts. if so would i be better with a TIVU Sat set up.
3. as in england, Newcastle to be precise. would i need a Zone 1 or Zone 2 dish, currently have SKY UK dish but this does suffer sometimes in heavy rain, and think that if bigger dish might not have same problem with SKY Italia.

thanks
super azzuri.

P.s Come on AC Milan 2011/12 Season.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No blackouts with a Sky Italia subscription, Zone 2 would probably be better from your location.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Zone 2, yes, if you are somehow limited to BSkyB type dishes.

Personally, I'd plump for a proper dish of 60-80cm.

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo with ViX and OSCAM, Prof Revolution 7301 PCI Card, 2x Dreambox 500S, 80cm Technomate Dish with Inverto Black Ultra and TM-2600 DiSEqC Motor. Technomate TM-300D along with a few zone 1 minidishes that get moved regularly and a zone 2 for 19e a
My Location
Northumberland
I'm a bit north of you and never really had an issue with a zone 1, which I was using earlier this year for the Asia Cup when JSC had it FTA. When I first started with satellites I did have a zone 2 on hotbird though and then this became motorised and then got replaced with a 80cm and was then used to pick up both Astra 1 and hotbird with two LNBs.

super azzuri

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
thanks all for the advice so far, anything further will let you guys know.
cheers