Nextwave S311

Gamboa5000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nextwave S311
My Location
I have a nextwave S311 plus with embedded cam Matrix (I do not know which model).
I would like to know how I could add others keys with the RS232C connection and to flash the firmware, if a new firmware exist...

Is it necessary to flasher a new firmware to add news keys or to replace preceding them?

Thank you.

wolfav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
two sky+amstrad boxes
technomate5500ci+ with 80cm motarised dish irderto cam mr mrev +dragoncam blue tit numerous fun cards infinity pheonix compaq and dell on wirelessrouter
My Location
no mans land
just checked satnet upload there are files and loaders there which should come with the info you are looking for happy reading;)

Gamboa5000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nextwave S311
My Location
I don't find my nextwave in the satnet upload center :(

wolfav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
two sky+amstrad boxes
technomate5500ci+ with 80cm motarised dish irderto cam mr mrev +dragoncam blue tit numerous fun cards infinity pheonix compaq and dell on wirelessrouter
My Location
no mans land
just been on satnet again and typed in next wave into the search engine and hay presto so try again m8:-bash

Gamboa5000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nextwave S311
My Location
Have you got other websites like satnet?

I have only found an upgrader for the nextwave 10000 series, but are you sure that these softwares are compatible with my nextwave S311?

And with this soft i cannot add new keys, only ecrase the existing keys... Have you got an other software? Compatible with all nextwaves?

wolfav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
two sky+amstrad boxes
My Location
no mans land
sat net have never let me down its all in your hands as i have a technomate receiver and plenty of cards and cams to play with m8

Gamboa5000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nextwave S311
My Location
m8? :-ohmy What is that? But i want a software compatible with all nextwave for adding or removing the keys from the decoder by the RS232 port.

wolfav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
two sky+amstrad boxes
My Location
no mans land
m8 means mate:-doh!
i dont really know anythink about nextwave receiversbut try ucassupport.nl/english goto receivers click on ucas underneaththen scroll down to nextwave and you will find 7 links you may have to translate some of them

Gamboa5000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nextwave S311
My Location
I have just discovered that I could change thekeys with my remote control, but there is several kind of the type of keys to choose: 8 byte key, 16 byte key, TPS AES,….
Then the id must contain xxxxxxx (7 characters)
I added the keys of AB SAT, but that does not work:(

wolfav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
two sky+amstrad boxes
My Location
no mans land
to load with the remote you will need to go to the provider cod then go to the line of keys you wish to change ie 08-0 or 08-1 (tps aes) select on one and then enter your 8 three digit codes which your receiver will convert hope this helps

belateh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sat zavisnik
My Location
macedonia
If you want soft for your next wave s311 here you ar and loader allso

Gamboa5000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nextwave S311
My Location
The file extension is .dlp . How can I open this ?

Artist 2004

Anatolia correspondent
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GoldMaster 7400 CIM 2MB with Kaon board 12.03.a5. Technomate 1000, Technomate 5200 USB.
Two 80cm offset dishes.
My Location
West coast, Turkey
belateh said:

Gamboa, you have to run a loader program on your PC. You open the file with this program and send it to the sat receiver using a RS232 crossover cable. So follow the link he gave you to get the loader. While you are there have a look to see if there are any detailed instructions.

Cheers.

Gamboa5000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nextwave S311
My Location
Its ok for all type of decoders or only those which have an integrated UCAS?

Can I create a file with notepad and put the keys into the file and rename it in .bin then, upload this file on the decoder, that will go?

If not, it is obligatorily necessary to take the files on specialized sites? What are the sites? It is necessary that they are obligatorily in .bin?? How many keys did they have a file?

Then I add new files each time, or when I upload a new file the other is replaced by the new one? (My decoder has a memory flash of 2 Mo)

Thank you very much.

Artist 2004

Anatolia correspondent
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GoldMaster 7400 CIM 2MB with Kaon board 12.03.a5. Technomate 1000, Technomate 5200 USB.
Two 80cm offset dishes.
My Location
West coast, Turkey
Gamboa5000 said:
Its ok for all type of decoders or only those which have an integrated UCAS?

Can I create a file with notepad and put the keys into the file and rename it in .bin then, upload this file on the decoder, that will go?

If not, it is obligatorily necessary to take the files on specialized sites? What are the sites? It is necessary that they are obligatorily in .bin?? How many keys did they have a file?

Then I add new files each time, or when I upload a new file the other is replaced by the new one? (My decoder has a memory flash of 2 Mo)

Thank you very much.
Gamboa,

I hope I can help you understand more clearly what you can do. This is based on my experience of about six different manufacturers' machines, but I don't know any details about your model.
Receiver operating system

Think of your receiver like a PC. Your receiver has an operating system just like your PC. But instead of Windows it has special screens and menus for system settings, channel lists, favourites, etc.You can watch all channels that haven't been encrypted (scrambled). The manufacturer may sometimes improve the operating system and you can replace the old one by loading the new one from your PC. Not all receivers have this ability.

You want to watch encrypted channels
In most countries the only legal way to do this is to pay for a smart card which you insert into a slot in your receiver.
Otherwise there are two methods:
1. Program smart cards yourself using files which other people have loaded into internet.
2. Replace your operating system with Emulation software (known as EMU). This includes all the features of the operating system but also includes the ability to open encrypted channels. I think this is what you are interested in.

Opening encrypted channels
Here's a simple example of encryption. I am always forgetting my bank card PIN but my bank says I must not write it down. So I write an encrypted version somewhere. It's even safe to write it on the card. Here's how: I have another number which I never forget. So once only I add this secret number and the PIN together and write down the answer which I carry with me. Adding them together is the method (algorithm) and my secret number is the Key. Both my algorithm and my key is secret and I can change either whenever I want.
In the same way EMUs must include both algorithms and keys before they can open encrypted channels. Different channels use different algorithms as well as different keys. How this is loaded varies between receiver models. Often the EMU file will already include the keys, but sometimes you have to load a separate file of keys.
An EMU file is much larger than a key file. On my receivers the EMU is about 500 KB whereas the Key file is about 50 KB.
There is no standard file extension for all receiver models. On mine the EMU is .bin (with some exceptions) but the ending of the key file can be .hex, .bin or .key depending on which loader program I am using.
Sometimes a broadcaster may change a key. Usually you can edit keys in the receiver on a special screen using your remote controller. But if you have a lot of keys to change it is simpler to download a suitable key file. If you already have a key file you can edit it with a suitable editor and download that. I think it will over-write any previous key files, but this may depend on models.
Sometimes the broadcaster may change an algorithm. In this case you must wait for an updated EMU to be available.

You need:
An RS232 crossover cable
An EMU file designed for your exact receiver model and type.
A loader program on your PC, compatable with your receiver, to transfer the EMU to your receiver. Get from same place as your EMU and key files.
If you want to load key files:
A key file: three methods: a fresh one from internet, or use an editor to update an old one, or use an editor to dump the keys from your receiver to a file and edit that.
A key file loader / editor program on your PC, compatable with your receiver. Get from same place as your EMU and key files.

Some answers
Not all receivers can be loaded with an EMU.
Some FTA models (Free to Air = not encrypted = no card reader) can be loaded with EMUs. I bought one recently for 100 US$.
The simplest way to edit your own key file is start with one already prepared for your receiver make and model and edit it. That way you know you've got the right format. Use an editor designed for the purpose, which you can download from internet, not notepad.
Whether the file extension is .bin or something else depends on your key file loader/editor. You can't just download any old key file, change it's extension and send it to your receiver.
Before transferring anything to your receiver
READ THE WARNINGS in the thread "So you want software patches".
Sorry I don't know of any sites for your model.

Gamboa5000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nextwave S311
My Location
Hi, Thank you for you message.
But when I look at the decoder property this seems to be a S111 instead of S311 (my model).

Can we suppose that the man who had programmed my decoder has remplace the EMU by an other EMU model?

I wave a lot of keys into the decoder. I can edit them with my remote controller. But, for example, for TPS, it have only 1 key? Like : XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX The key AES of tps..?
What is the differance between the AES keys and the normal keys?

In the menu of editing of the keys, I can see:

Provider: 00000
Type: 8 bits key, 16 bits key, Viacess AES .....
Index: 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 < the modifiable characters
Filter:00000000 (unmodifiable)

Moreover ,I cannot make the capital letters of the keys.

Then I just with an update of key AES by the remote control to continue to watch crypted channels?

I have for viacess more than 110 keys, 1 key for 1 channel?

Does key AES include all the channels??

If you have a adress of messenger (msn), it would be hightly appreciated and more clearly for me.

Artist 2004

Anatolia correspondent
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Two 80cm offset dishes.
My Location
West coast, Turkey
I've answered most of these points in your other thread "Keys with remote controller" Here

It's quite possible that you have an emu designed for another model. For some models you can do this, but only if you know it is compatible otherwise you may corrupt your flash memory. I know nothing about Nextwave receivers.

Entering capital letters
Try moving the cursor to the value that you want to change, then try your up and down buttons on your remote controller. On mine this scrolls through the letters.
Or, you may have to press say, the red button for A, recall button for B etc.. so move to the value that you want change and try pressing non-numeric buttons until you find the right ones.

I think Nextwave receivers are not sold in the UK so you won't find much English language support. You must learn Turkish!