Nice new look

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
At the end of the page click on Currently Active Users, and you will see where everyone is.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Hi Rolf & Razor,
What I meant was that before it would have i.e. "Rob, South Essex"
No big deal, but it just gave an idea were a person was from.
i.e. A few weeks ago T24 said he got Sirius Nordic beam with a 45cm dish. Considering where he lives its no problem, but unless you knew him you would read his message and think christ I can't get that with my 1 metre, or what ever.
How's your Force receiver going Razor ?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Rob, the information is still there, you may have it disabled in your usercp options.

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
No sat coming into the house now for the last week.

Am working on it !

I do have a Digibox, but does that count ?

But Don't worry Rob the Force will soon be strong.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
rolfw said:
Rob, the information is still there, you may have it disabled in your usercp options.

As you say Rolf I must have disabled it.
What option do I need in usercp ?
As you can see I got slighty distracted by the avatars, that one looks a bit like me but with more hair. :D
Will try again tomorrow, cheers.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I think that it is actually called options, I can see your location when looking at your posts.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Ah, see what it is Rob, go into edit options and select Thread display options, postbit layout, change from top to side.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Thanks Rolf,
That's it, back to normal now.
Now I know where I come from !
Once again thanks Rolf.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Ive been told I look like Robs avatar when I come to work most mornings (though with more hair)

The setting up of the options is really for the younger generation , who would guess that changing 'top' for ' left' would bring up somebodies location

Satellites - new fangled thingies, something to do with getting a worthwhile TV, and maybe a bit of peace with the other half, isnt it ?

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Yep the site looks really good and the navigation bars easy to see and use.....only one thing though, when ever I have tried to load a new avatar it's too big!....I have noticed Rob's using one I use on Toe's! although a while back I treid the some one on here without luck!..so questions is... how do you reduce the size to upload it onto the site?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Gifworks is lkely to degrade the picture so its unwatchable

PM me and Ill edit it

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Only if you are trying to sqeeze a quart into a pint pot CH. ;)

Works fine on your average avatar, like the one I'm using now and in fact all of my avatars. :)

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Cheers chaps i'll have a go and see what I can do...if not i'll take you up on your offer hopper!.

aikon0029

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CPU Intel® Pentium® 4 640 Prescott (3.20 Ghz)
Memory 1024 MB DDR RAM - (2x 512 MB - PC3200)
Motherboard ECS 915P-M3
Hard Drive 300GB Maxtor DiamondMax SATA 6B300S0 Skystar 2 usb 1.1mtr steerable dish Manhattan XT[CM, Quali 1080ir
My Location
London [South East]
I am a fairly new member to STVD but I would like to congratulate all who run this site, I have seen and found so much useful info, and how nice to see all the replies so well mannered, helpful, and knowledgable, nothing appears to be any problem even when people ask several different questions. Well done guys, and to all the other members who offer so much info, superb. Hope this is posted on the correct page.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Thank you aikon0029, such comments are always appreciated. Many of us were novices to start with and received the help we needed just as you described. It's very satisfying to be able to do the same for others as they take up the hobby and join the site.