Nikkai Dome A/V sender5.8 Hz

mccam

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
nikkai dome 5.8 ghz
My Location
uk
Hello

I've just bought a Nikkai Dome A/V sender 5.8 Hz, but my sky HD remote doesn't work on the receiving tv.

I believe all cables are in correctly, as I can pick up the sky channel (on the tv in the bedroom) that is tuned in on the main HD box downstairs. However, when I press the sky remote to change channels the light flashes on both the remote and the receiver, but nothing happens.

In order to change the channel on the receiving tv, I have to go downstairs and change it on the main tv, then back upstairs, go to menu using tv remote and reset the source list to ext; which surely isn't the way it was intended.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

davidmcl1980

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TRIAX 1.1M, TM2600, TM5400 CI SUPER, SMART TITANIUM LNB, SKY+UK JSC & CYFRA+ &TNK SUBS
My Location
GLASGOW
i bought the Nikkai 5.8ghz Mini sender today to send sky+ to my bedroom, and at first i thought i wasn't gonna be able to change the channel as nothing happened when i tried apart from the light flashing on the receiver. I was being a bit stupid tbh as i wasnt using the sky+ remote from my box in my living room on the reciever in the bedroom, also you need to position the the IR extender in front off where you aim the sky remote at when your changing channels on your main tv, you probably have done these things but thats what worked for me, but mine is only sky+ not hd so who knows if there is any difference. hope ye get it sorted! just in case you aint seen this thread there's a few folk with some other ideas's
http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/.../144625-nikkai-5-8-ghz-video-sender-help.html

Peter30

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +
My Location
London, England
Hi, I've bought the Nikkai Dome 5.8GHz A43KK transmitter and 2 receivers.
I have plugged in the correct scart into the VCR Out on the Sky+ box.
Both recievers are plugged into panasonic TV's no more than 7m from the lounge SKY+ TV with a clear line of sight.
I am receiving audio Transmittion but no picture.
I've read the above chains and have followed all the advice.
Sky+ box is set to Scart control ON, Video Output PAL.
Anyone got any ideas?

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Try the TV scart rather than the VCR scart on the $ly+ box.

mccam

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
nikkai dome 5.8 ghz
My Location
uk
davidmcl1980 said:
i bought the Nikkai 5.8ghz Mini sender today to send sky+ to my bedroom, and at first i thought i wasn't gonna be able to change the channel as nothing happened when i tried apart from the light flashing on the receiver. I was being a bit stupid tbh as i wasnt using the sky+ remote from my box in my living room on the reciever in the bedroom, also you need to position the the IR extender in front off where you aim the sky remote at when your changing channels on your main tv, you probably have done these things but thats what worked for me, but mine is only sky+ not hd so who knows if there is any difference. hope ye get it sorted! just in case you aint seen this thread there's a few folk with some other ideas's
http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/.../144625-nikkai-5-8-ghz-video-sender-help.html
Thanks, it took me a an hour or so as the instructions were useless, but I figured it must be the IR extender positioning.