Earlier it was supposed to be around 6ºW but anytime a satellite is being retasked it is impossible to track using a mathmatical formula and TLE's. Anyway the point was that if it (nilesat 102) were on the move any transmissions would have already been switched off.Robbo said:Where's 102 supposed to be?,if it was 6W or thereabouts I'd have to move my dish ,definitely, as I'm sensitive to 0.1-0.2 degrees.
Robbo said:LOL, still none the wiser then, WRT whether 11938V is now on Nilesat 102, or 201.. 201 I hope, fingers crossed.
renibacterium said:Just locked signal on 11728H 27500 as well, labelled the same Nilesat 201. Signal 80-90%, but quality boarderline 44/45%. Will tweak the dish tomorrow and put new lnb on by weekend.
pikmaxx said:It seems that the new bird is directed to the MENA region and more african countries rather than the european countries , reports from Sudan , Kenya and Ethyopia mentioned that the signal from nilesat 201 ( 11727 H ) is much stronger than those of 101 and 102 , while in european countries lower signal is reported .
Robbo said:Michael, I would be interested to know what you get off badr6 on your 1.8, pleeeese. But in a new thread.
renibacterium said:The signal stopped at around midnight (UK) last night on 11.738H & 11728H 27500 and when I checked this morning at 8.30am (UK) there was still no signal. So intermittant tests I believe.