Nilesat 201

kimbo

Member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500, 90cm Dish, Mesh Computer ART, Digit Alb, Fortec 2.4m Dish
Channel Master 2.4m, Showtime.
My Location
West Midlands
Hi guys,

With the launch of nilesat 201 this evening, I was wondering if anybody would be able to explain the difference in footprints.

I have found the following footprints nilesat 101 has a EIRP contour ( dbw ) of 47.1 to 50.1, whilst nilesat 201 has 45-49 & 50-52 dbw, Does this indicate that the new satellite has more power or less, Any answer would be appreciated.

Cheers
 
Where are the footprints for Nilesat 201 ?

The EIRP values within the footprint and not that relevant to us, as we are way outside it, additionally,sidelobes of the antenna may be different on the new sat.
 
kimbo said:
Does this indicate that the new satellite has more power or less
dBW tells you the power output combined with the antenna gain so without knowing the antenna gain it is impossible to say which is higher power. Nilesat 201 is 110 watts per transponder which is plenty of power to illuminate a wide area. Spot beams can be a lot less, maybe down to 35 watts per transponder. For fringe reception the most important thing is how sharply the the beam drops off towards its edges.
 
Looks an easy catch for me.
 
The footprint for 201 looks alot better then I thought it would!

Seems like it will be good for people wanting 7w
 
Still stuck on the ground at the moment, T - 7 mins and not changing. Temporary hold in the countdown.


Looks worse than Nilesat 101 to me. W'ell see..
 
Dam i missed the launch! I wanted to see it
 
I am recording it from 5W on my TM6800HD, if you want it.
 
Just tuned in and see people shaking hands & hugging so i either got the mature content channel or the launch went well.
 
For some reason I was unable to find any of the feeds tonight what was the one on 5w called anyway,I had to watch it on the interent in the end
 
jcm193 said:
For some reason I was unable to find any of the feeds tonight what was the one on 5w called anyway,I had to watch it on the interent in the end

Had it fine here mate. Launch went great!
 
Yes it very stange as I get a very good signal off 5w what was is listed as fergyc just incase I already had it and did not realise
 
I thought i reconised the username.

You are a very long term member of my website
 
garyg said:
I thought i reconised the username.

You are a very long term member of my website

Iam indeed anyway I thought they always broadcast these on 10 e anyway
 
garyg said:
Yes mate would be good, drop me a pm

Still recording it, but will yes.
 
Launch Ariane 5 with RASCOM-QAF1R and NILESAT 201 - 04 Aug 2010
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1utQ8pGI_CI]YouTube - ‪Launch Ariane 5 with RASCOM-QAF1R and NILESAT 201 - 04 Aug 2010‬‎
 
Back
Top