Nilesat 201

indeed the picture and sound are quite decent ,,i wonder if those channels will stay FTA?
 
pipino said:
indeed the picture and sound are quite decent ,,i wonder if those channels will stay FTA?
They look ok but the bit rate is low. Only about 5Mbps on average.
 
Good afternoon

New Entry On Nilesat 201
Aljazeera sports channels; +5,+6,+7,+8,+9,+10 & aljazeera world cup on frequency 11958H Symbol rate 27000 dvb-s
 
kungu said:
Good afternoon

New Entry On Nilesat 201
Aljazeera sports channels; +5,+6,+7,+8,+9,+10 & aljazeera world cup on frequency 11958H Symbol rate 27000 dvb-s

-http://news.egypt.com/english/permalink/7732.html
 
From 1st of July the MBC channels are changing into HD quality for Asia.
 
yesterday the OSN freq 11373 H have moved to DVB-S2 as mentioned in many arabic threads , can any one confirm that ?
 
Indeed , the 11373H freq. move to DVB-S2 modulation .
 

Attachments

  • 11374H .webp
    11374H .webp
    36.2 KB · Views: 59
Hi all,

another transponder to DVS-2 in OSN package , 11411 H , any confirmation ?
 
Assume this thread is still active !!
and yes I know now that I should have made much more use of this forum than I have done and maybe I would be a bit more informed than I am at present.
In desperation I was searching for answers for my problem and stumbled across this thread which has enlightened me a little.
My problem being; I have a 2.4m dish which has happily sat looking at Nilesat for the past few years, there have been the odd frequency changes to channels and loss of signal in very bad weather, but other than that all has been ok. That is until the beginning of August when I lost some channels which I was unable to re-scan. My investigations led me to discover about 201 and the channels I had lost had moved to this new satellite. Further investigation brought me to this thread.
My questions are :
is there anyone in the UK that can receive 201 ?
Will I lose Nilesat completely when the rest of the channels move to 201.
Lots more questions about Badr, but lets concentrate on Nilesat first.
Any information will be appreciated
 
You weill lose them eventually - N101 & N102 are elderly craft coming towards the end of their lives. They will require replacing in the not too distant future.

Nilesat have probably been swapping frequencies onto the new N201 to reduce the electrical loadings on the two older birds.

Any future Nilesat craft will have their coverage restricted to at least the current coverage on N201.
 
what sieze dish to catch 201 here in leeds
 
martin123 said:
what sieze dish to catch 201 here in leeds

Pick a number - it will be just as accurate as our guesses. Start thinking of something around 4-5m though. Possibly MUCH bigger!!!!
 
Analoguesat said:
You weill lose them eventually - N101 & N102 are elderly craft coming towards the end of their lives. They will require replacing in the not too distant future.

Nilesat have probably been swapping frequencies onto the new N201 to reduce the electrical loadings on the two older birds.

Any future Nilesat craft will have their coverage restricted to at least the current coverage on N201.

Thankyou Analoguesat for your response.
The reason I asked does anyone know anyone who can receive 201 in the UK is because I do have access to a 3.6M dish, but do not want to go through all the trouble of installing it and still find I havnt got enough signal.
Although I think you may have answered this question with your reply to Martin in Leeds post. I'm just grasping at straws in the hope that I can do something to enable me to keep my Nilesat reception.
Am I deluded ?
 
We're all deluded, Your Highness: But sometimes hope triumphs over expectation rather than the other way around!
 
HRH - have a look through this thread I think there is some info somewhere - but if you put a 3.6m dish up just dont let queenies corgies piddle on the stand :D
 
ATLANTIC BIRD 7 satellite coverage/footprint maps both MENA (Wide) Beam and North-West Africa Beam have been posted.
Launch date 22nd September 2011.
Atlantic bird 7 (Nilebird, Atlantic Bird 4R) will replace Atlantic bird 4A ( Nilesat 104 ) end of October if launch is successful.
 

Attachments

  • 7w-AB7-MENA.gif
    7w-AB7-MENA.gif
    31.6 KB · Views: 75
  • 7w-AB7-NWA.gif
    7w-AB7-NWA.gif
    29 KB · Views: 65
kungu said:
ATLANTIC BIRD 7 satellite coverage/footprint maps both MENA (Wide) Beam and North-West Africa Beam have been posted.
Launch date 22nd September 2011.
Atlantic bird 7 (Nilebird, Atlantic Bird 4R) will replace Atlantic bird 4A ( Nilesat 104 ) end of October if launch is successful.

Good - AB4A is Hotbird 10 and she will be sent to 13E to replace Hottie 6.
 
solly said:
what will be north africa beam channel

Good grief solly - its six months until AB7 will be in service. That sort of info wont be in the public domain for ages.
 
Back
Top