Nilesat 7W possible in Spain ?

redout

Regular Member
My Satellite Setup
1M Dish with Motek 2100,
DM 500 & DM 800HD, Vu+ Duo,
Digital+, Sky+, TDT, Saorview
My Location
Dublin
Hi,

Is Nilesat 7W receivable in Spain and if so what size dish would be required ? Looking at Dish finder it looks unlikely.
 
yes, should easily get on a 1metre dish
 
wod said:
yes, should easily get on a 1metre dish

Serious ?

I want to get Showtime arabia and watch premiership football but dish pointer website says that Nilesat 7w is outside footprint or unknown for Spain. The sat maps look like its on the outskirts so I dont know.
 
redout said:
Serious ?

I want to get Showtime arabia and watch premiership football but dish pointer website says that Nilesat 7w is outside footprint or unknown for Spain. The sat maps look like its on the outskirts so I dont know.

Should even get it on an 80cm, but 1 meter would be for good measure.

Right this second I'm getting a *just about watchable* picture from some transponders in South East UK (on a one meter).

Ignore the footprints for Nilesat.. they are rather pessimistic at best... - you are much closer to the footprint than me!
 
i get them on my 80cm dish ok unless it is really really heavy rain - south of valencia - so maybe a 1m may be needed in madrid...
 
redout said:
Is Nilesat 7W receivable in Spain and if so what size dish would be required ? Looking at Dish finder it looks unlikely.
Nilesat 101/102 are booming in here (Alicante). Should be possible on a 60cm.

The other day I could receive 10930H but not at the moment. Must be due to the switch over to AB4A. I have just done a blind scan of AB4A frequencies (10700-10930 & 12341-12476) with a Vantage x221 and 1.5 dish and nothing was visible.
 
woborny said:
i get them on my 80cm dish ok unless it is really really heavy rain - south of valencia - so maybe a 1m may be needed in madrid...

Huevos said:
Nilesat 101/102 are booming in here (Alicante). Should be possible on a 60cm.

The other day I could receive 10930H but not at the moment. Must be due to the switch over to AB4A. I have just done a blind scan of AB4A frequencies (10700-10930 & 12341-12476) with a Vantage x221 and 1.5 dish and nothing was visible.

Are either of you viewing Premiership on Showtime on 7W?

It seems a better package than Digitalb as it has every game.
 
am getting showtime / footballs package no problems on nilesats

not getting much on the AB4 frequencys huevos mentioned - 10700-10930 & 12341-12476 a very small trace of signal but nothing...
 
Back
Top