Nilesat Horizontals quite strong at the moment

1m Gibertini, location Midlands. Obviously no H Tp's but receivable locked V transponders are as follows >
11823v, 11862v, 11977v, 12015v :)
 
That is most of the Nilesat 101 verticals, just missing 11747V and 11785V.
 
Just in case anyone is interested I've now found AB4A (A.K.A. Hotbird 10) again. I lost it because it has moved and is not right next to Nilesat 101 anymore but 0.35º to the west and still slowly going west.
 
satelliteman said:
1m Gibertini, location Midlands. Obviously no H Tp's but receivable locked V transponders are as follows >
11823v, 11862v, 11977v, 12015v :)

1m Gibertini, location NORTH WEST city 7,Txt are the best signal here from 9pm-1030pm.:)Tested SAB Explorer CISC Digital satellite receiver, Getting plenty of V transponders last night.Triple Dragon only gets City 7 and TxT.
 
Now getting FOX Series blasting in on a 1M Orbital on Nilesat.

Solid, watchable 55% quality :)
 
dvmedia said:
Now getting FOX Series blasting in on a 1M Orbital on Nilesat.

Solid, watchable 55% quality :)

Happy now ? :toke:
 
Channel Hopper said:
Happy now ? :toke:

Free Simpsons? Of course :toke: :D
 
Not to mention, Nip Tuck, Desperate Housewives,CSI,ER etc, if you like that sort of thing.
 
I get all the V's here in 1066 country with my Fracarro 85cm. City7 is watchable 24/7 it is so strong. The weakest signals (and poorest bitrate anyway) are those Education channels 1-4. They can get a bit chppy. Not been lucky enough to get any of the 'H' channels, but I'll keep trying lol
 
In my experience, if one is struggling with those education channels (i.e. 11747V) it means the dish elevation ('declination') is not quite right. I used to have the same issue but now, barring bad weather, the 11747 channels are basically 24/7. With that adjustment, the weakest transponder will then be 11900 but then even that is around 18/7 barring bad weather.
 
Yes, I have not experienced any problems on 11747V it's no weaker that 11938V (MBCs) plus lots of others. 11900V is my weakest too.
 
I realize you guys are using bigger dishes, but I'm not getting a sniff of anything here. I cant scan in any services from any of the TPs.
 
compufunk said:
I realize you guys are using bigger dishes, but I'm not getting a sniff of anything here. I cant scan in any services from any of the TPs.

I tried aligning to 6.8w or similar and tweaking the LNB a little.. I found I was getting loads of leak from 8w. (a bit like the 26e getting leak from 28e/23e problem). I only get a 55% watchable picture of literally a small handful of channels (which is GONE in any thick cloud)

I'm using a one meter dish, in the South of the UK, and only getting 40% (unwatchable) quality of most transponders. - I'm not quite sure how much more you could expect to achieve if anything, considering you are much further North West than me... (and signal starts to drop off quite quickly..)
 
dvmedia said:
I found I was getting loads of leak from 8w.
Maybe if you are doing a full blind search, but if you are doing a transponder search you can't have that problem as there aren't any colliding transponders on those satellites.
 
Huevos said:
Maybe if you are doing a full blind search, but if you are doing a transponder search you can't have that problem as there aren't any colliding transponders on those satellites.

That's it :D My box wasn't picking up all the channels and the list of transponders seemed to be a bit buggered so I just did a blind
 
dvmedia said:
considering you are much further North West than me... (and signal starts to drop off quite quickly..)
Exactly, I didnt expect to get anything, but thought I'd try it out for the benefit of anyone interested. I was still hoping that I'd pick something up though :)

Unfortunately, my location puts me outside a lot of interesting footprints. :mad:
 
compufunk said:
Exactly, I didnt expect to get anything, but thought I'd try it out for the benefit of anyone interested. I was still hoping that I'd pick something up though :)

Unfortunately, my location puts me outside a lot of interesting footprints. :mad:

Hmm..

I would have thought you'd maybe get a few channel names or something.. :p

I mean, that's REAL fringe reception :D but defo play with skew.. it helped me
 
dvmedia said:
I mean, that's REAL fringe reception :D but defo play with skew.. it helped me
That would involve getting a ladder out, and I couldn't be ar*ed with that :D. I can tweak azimuth using the remote, elevation is as close as I could possibly get it and I've got too much other stuff on to be bothered fiddling with it.

I'm crippled by laziness :D
 
compufunk said:
That would involve getting a ladder out, and I couldn't be ar*ed with that :D. I can tweak azimuth using the remote, elevation is as close as I could possibly get it and I've got too much other stuff on to be bothered fiddling with it.

I'm crippled by laziness :D

Thats what i did got the ladder out ,To get Nilesat try moving LNB as near as possible to Dish,Move dish up or down a bit for best signal.I now get stronger signals on all sats 2% signal increase.:)
 
Back
Top