sparkyinspain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.4 dish
invacom lnb
Humax Foxsat HDR
My Location
Murcia Spain
I've had the foxsat HDR for about 18 months now, and overall I'm very pleased with it, however, recently when I turn it on sometimes there is no display on the front panel of the box, where it would normally show the channel info etc. the panel backlight is on, but nothing else. Same thing if I pause live TV or play a programme from the media list, it seems to be a random thing, sometimes it's OK, but it's getting more frequent.
Other than that the box is working perfectly. but I'm concerend that it could be a sign of something more serious.
I've done a factory reset and checked that I have the latest software.

Any thoughts?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Sounds like the cable ribbon from the display to the main board is becomnig detached.

If you feel confident enough to remove the case, just ensure that the mutliway connectors of any and all such cable are securely inserted at both ends.

sparkyinspain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.4 dish
invacom lnb
Humax Foxsat HDR
My Location
Murcia Spain
Thanks for advice Tivu,

I've had a look inside the box, and there are no loose cables or any signs of damage to the the components on the board, in fact it looks brand new.

Guess it's a case of waiting to see if it gets worse!

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Just unplug at night, and have a fire extinguisher by the arm chair when watching.

frankskid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
thomson reciever
My Location
Spain, Costa almeria
we had exactly the same problem for about 1 month and then it finally packed up altogether last week. luckily the box is only 10 months old so still in warranty. We contacted humax to ask about this and although they didnt say what the problem was they are going to pick it up.