No multivision 8 or TPS star

andy653cc

Reaction score
Does any one have any idea why i can't find Multivision 8 or TPS star, i was looking forward to watching some footy at the weekend. I have Multivision 1 to 7, and a few channels on the frequency that TP star is on but not the two i want! I have been in the advance set up menu on my Fortec Star 5100 ultra, put in the frequencies of the desired channels and they still did not appear. Help

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
If you can't find them after doing a scan, or inputting them manually, then they are probably on your receiver under a different name or unnamed. Might be worth checking out Lyngsat deleting some channels and re-scanning.
Best wishes
Mickha

andy653cc

Reaction score
OK i should have gone to specsavers! Multivision 8 is under a different frequency to what was stated in a sat magazine, and have just found TPS star after scrolling through the channels, however after inputting keys, they are still scrambled, any further ideas? By the way this key business is new to me.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
A couple of UK magazines (one in particular) will have data of frequencies that is about three months old.

As for keys, if you can give us an idea what you have in terms of equipment someone will have an answer.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Keys for T*S change almost daily, all you can do is look for the latest keys, files, a good place to start is here:

_http://www.sat-key.org/

Best wishes
Mickha

Wossname

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
topfield HD receiver
fixed 90 cm dish with 4 lnbs
sly dish
My Location
Yorkshire., UK
andy653cc said:
OK i should have gone to specsavers! Multivision 8 is under a different frequency to what was stated in a sat magazine, and have just found TPS star after scrolling through the channels, however after inputting keys, they are still scrambled, any further ideas? By the way this key business is new to me.

As far as I am aware, there is no Multi 8 now. It became Eurosport France some time ago and is on 10.911 V. If your Fortec is patched you should be able to observe, without other tackle, and for educational purposes only, some other channels on that frequency.
Different transponder to Multi 1-7. Can you get these ?
Don't know about Star. I'm off for a look.
If you don't know if your Fortec is patched, I can help you find out.

andy653cc

Reaction score
It was described as patched when i bought it on e-bay, as yet i have'nt downloaded any software, because i am not yet sure what will happen. As i understand it, keys can be entered via the remote, which i have done and managed to unlock a few channels. Will downloading files from the Fortec site unlock more channels? Also the rs232 cable i have does not fit the port on my laptop, and have yet to get an adaptor.