Nokia Problem

melnet

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Hi folks, wonder if any one can help ?
I've got a Nokia set top box which i got on the prepay which has now finished (no they haven't asked for it back yet..lol)I've got a gold card which cost me £30 and £5 to update..BUT it constantly trips off when on Sky channels - I had to reset Sky Movies for 30 minutes last night before it would stay on - its damned frustrating and ruins the enjoyment - any suggestions, my contact doesn't have a clue ???x(

C

CodeComplete

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 20-Mar-02 AT 04:26 PM (GMT)]Sounds like your being ECM'd. Do you mean that you get the 'unable to validate subscription' message or that the STB itself goes off ?

ECMs are only broadcast on certain channels at certain times and so when you switch back after 30 minutes or so the ECM is no longer being broadcast and the card wroks for while till the next ECM is broadcast. Spoiling your enjoyment it what they are all about. Expect 'em most in the evenings before popular shows like the Simpsons, big sporting events and so forth

Blimey! 30quid + 5quid update - for another 5quid and you could of got your own burner and goldie to DIY. If your dealer doesn't understand ECMs then what did he fleece a fiver off you for to update the card ?

melnet

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Thanks codecomplete - you're bang on - i'm being ecm'd !!!
Tell me more about doing it myself - where do i get the gear from ?
damn sure my 'supplier' aint gonna tell me .. lol

C

CodeComplete

There are a number of programmers on the market. Elvis (aka Multi-Programmer) is popular and widespread so lots of ppl to give advice. You already have a goldcard so you would only need a hex. The programming aspect is simple and takes a couple of minutes. Have a search through the old messages on here and see what others have said.

Question is though do you wanna risk 35/40 quid ? With all the stuff in the press at the mo' about IT\/ going down the pan how much PPV can you watch to get ya monies worth ? :9