Noob..2 dish/2 receiver Q

vindaloo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
bottom of the range!!
My Location
Leicester
Hi,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, just a basic (!) question really. I've just been given a 2nd Sky system... dish, LNB and Sony receiver. Could these be used for any other satelites(?) or are these strictly Sky only. I don't mind if I have to swap a component etc to receive another satellite thingy :-rofl2 (I'm stuck for techie words at the mo!)

I live in a terraced house so if I needed to swap the dish for an 80cm dish, then this should be o.k. Any bigger and I might struggle unless it was fitted to the back of the house. The sky dish is on the front btw. I hope this makes sense. Thanks.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The Sky digibox is really only useful for receiving channels on the satellites it was designed for. It is not impossible to receive other satellite channels with it, but the choice is extremely limited. You would be better off selling it on ebay and buying another receiver.

vindaloo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
bottom of the range!!
My Location
Leicester
Thanks for the reply Rolf.