Not Even a Faint Signal.

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
This angle of dangle isn"t something the doctor can help you with.

He needs the blue pill for the other angle.

If it is possible to place some type of straight edge running from top to bottom on the dish face and measure the angle of it, the value needs to be around 58.1 degrees (6.7 degrees declination offset angle + 51.4 degrees polar mount main axis angle).

The angle of 44.7 degrees referred to above looks to be coming from a subtraction of the 6.7 degrees declination angle from the 51.4 degrees polar mount main axis angle. If measuring on the dish face, the two angles should be added together and not subtracted.

Last edited:

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
The two women here aren't much help either.

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
All setup as the helpful instructions from here. Done a scan on 11 west and picked up 5 fta channels. Maybe get better when I adjust the lnb but its to hot out there in the blazing sun. I will take out a receiver and set it up for a scan, just to see before i tweak it to much.

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
TJ,

I have attached below a C band scan I did some time ago from 40.5 West using a Precision 1.5m dish. There have probably been some changes to the transponders since I carried out the scan.

For those transponders that have not changed you should be getting stronger signals with your Precision 1.8m dish than I got with a 1.5m dish. If I recall correctly, you have a Zinwell C Band LNB, one of the columns in the attached table lists values for a Zinwell using a dielectric plate. The attached table might give you a reference point re the alignment of your dish?

Attachments

• 40.5W (Transponders - 2017-12-28).jpg
    40.5W (Transponders - 2017-12-28).jpg
    367.8 KB · Views: 14

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
All setup as the helpful instructions from here. Done a scan on 11 west and picked up 5 fta channels. Maybe get better when I adjust the lnb but its to hot out there in the blazing sun. I will take out a receiver and set it up for a scan, just to see before i tweak it to much.

11west never had more than a couple of channels on c band, though this may have changed recently. You could be on 8 west.

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Southern England
11west never had more than a couple of channels on c band, though this may have changed recently. You could be on 8 west.
The Dr HD meter says its 11 west, loaded the channels and they come up as 11 west on the info. Now I will think about wiring it all up.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The Dr HD meter says its 11 west, loaded the channels and they come up as 11 west on the info. Now I will think about wiring it all up.

Good, so you have a functioning c band dish and LNB, just the tweaking left.