Not so much the channel, but whats on it.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I was pleasantly surprised to wake up this morning, put on the satellite, and find an old Benny Hill show on TV5 (Sirius 4- 4.8E ) in English.

_http://www.tv5.lv/

Crisbe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Currently, Nokia 1800S with satscan, analogue receiver, Nokia 9800S, D box with DVB2000, 90cm solid offset dish, Panasonic tv with inbuilt freesat. Sky + HD (for the wife, mostly!)
My Location
South Coast, Hampshire
One of my favourite memories, from about 20+ years ago, is working in a town called Quenca, high up in the Andes, in Ecuador, and the local TV channel used to put an old Benny Hill show on each night (dubbed into Spanish). You didn't need to speak Spanish to understabd what was going on and in fact it was even funnier in Spanish. A little taste of home several thousand miles from here.
At home here in Hampshire, they don't even have a statue of Benny Hill in Southampton where he grew up, or in Eastlweigh where he worked as a milkman. Yes he really was a milkman who had a horse drawn milk float, and you thought Ernie was a fictional character he created !

Crisbe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Currently, Nokia 1800S with satscan, analogue receiver, Nokia 9800S, D box with DVB2000, 90cm solid offset dish, Panasonic tv with inbuilt freesat. Sky + HD (for the wife, mostly!)
My Location
South Coast, Hampshire
Sorry system froze just after I had tried to make a spelling correction and somehow it posted the message without me realising it. Hence the two entries.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Just a friendly reminder to set your clocks,