Novice needs help!!!!

gico1972

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM5400 1m motorised dish V-Box
My Location
Surrey
I need some help with the following and am at a loose end seeing that i am a novice in such matters relating to cams and recievers.

My Dad owns an Echostar 2510 receiver with VIACESS embedded and a motorised 1m dish.

He has over the past years been happy viewing several channels especially Italian ones that show football, films and entertainment programmes.

Last week however he has managed to get hold of an ASTON/S*ca Cam with a gold card and he asked me if with this he is able to get additional channels?

I guess my questions are

1. Is this is possible?
2. Does he need to invest in a programmer ( I have a PC which might help)
3. Can you make any suggestions to help.

Appreciate any advice on this matter as i would dearly love for him to access additional channels if this is relatively inexpensive with his current set up and by using this cam in any way.

Thanx

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
If your dad can get the gold card updated to receive Viaccess channels, then for now he would be able to view TPC and Multivision channels (as well as a number of others on Hotbird), simply inserted directly into the Echostar slot. The above channels do have football on them. This wont last long however

The CAM may come into its own later, maybe your dad will get an official sub card for the Italia channels at some point.

gico1972

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM5400 1m motorised dish V-Box
My Location
Surrey
Thanks for the advice. Can you advise however on the best way to get the gold card updated to use in the Viaccess Cam? Will this constantly need to be updated? if so am i better off buying a card programmer? Thanks.