Novice needs help!

rob1974

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ati all in wonder PC
sky dish
Hi folks,

I want to watch Sky TV on my PC.
I've got ATI all in wonder 9800 graphics card and lots of leads!

I've connected the digibox to the PC with the 'phono' lead and the picture is fine. But there's no sound!!! :-doh2

There was previously sound, months ago, but it's gone.

I've no audio leads connected...but never did before and it worked then. There's nowhere on graphics card to plug audio leads.

I've tried to connect them via the ATI 'input block'. Still no sound.

I've checked the obvious, mute, volume etc etc. Sound works fine with other aspects such as playing DVDs, CDs, playing games. So the sound card is OK.

Obviously this is basic stuff! :-rofl2 Someone out there must know..

Also, why is the picture on my flat panel Iiyama 17 inch monitor less detailed than my standard TV set of similar size ? I thought the resolution of monitors is much higher than TVs???

Yours VERY hopefully,
Rob

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You need to connect the audio output from the digibox to the line input on the sound card and toggle on line in in the sound console. You will need a left and right RCA phono to mini jack converter. I have precisely the same thing running on my PC, as my TV broke a couple of weeks ago. :)

rob1974

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ati all in wonder PC
sky dish
Thanks Rolf.

Message received...but what do you mean by 'toggle the sound console?'

Is this in 'Control Panel?'

Sorry to be dense but I'm a real novice in case you haven't guessed!

Thanks
Rob