Advice Needed NSC 180 Offset or Technisat 2m PF?

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
The backplate will require stripping off the corrosion and repainting...

@Channel Hopper

That type of work is what forum members do when they refurbish second hand dishes. It can be a rewarding task to transform a dish and mount/stand into good cosmetic condition and working order. Included with the Technisat 2.0m dish are an actuator, polar mount and what looks to be a galvanised ground stand. The only component that I would have concerns about working is the actuator. In my opinion, the package is worth a lot more than the scrap value.

@Lexzie

With the Technisat 2.0m dish, if the seller confirms that the dish is not damaged and can be dismantled without problems then it should be a good dish for C band and in my opinion it is worth buying.

Lexzie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Xtrend ET10000 DVB-C, DVB-S2, and IPTV
Dreambox DM920 DVB-C/DVB-S2X/DVB-T2
TBS 5925 USB-tuner
80 cm fixed dish (28.2E/23.5E/19.2E)
180cm Channel Master offset dish with polarmount (39E-34.5W, Ku-band)
My Location
The Netherlands
The NSC dish is already sold. But when I look closely to the bolts with which the dish is connected to the polarmount, I find them not as "smooth" as on my Channel Master. Or wouldn't that be any problem to the signal?
1534784545157.png

That leaves only the 2m dish, which could be nice, especially for C-band.
Still hoping to know if anyone has experience with these kind of dishes from Technisat and knows if they are any good.

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
I find them not as "smooth" as on my Channel Master. Or wouldn't that be any problem to the signal?
I do not think they are original. There were bolts with round heads on mine, but, of course I've changed them to the same ones but made of INOX. IMG_20150704_181629.jpg
But, in reality, I do not think it matters a lot..... any types of bolt heads will not reflect signal to the feed. BTW, on 1.8m Prodelin, oroginally, there are 8 bolts on the face of the dish with hex heads.IMG_20150628_082420.jpg

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Think how much area the bolts cover, compared to the surface of a 1.8m dish