OCTAGON SF8008 E2 4K UHD

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD E2 Treiber (Driver) Update 13.04.2020


- [SF8008] + [SF8008m] Update Drivers:

- update hisi drivers fix led brightness when set to 0
--> echo 100 > /proc/stb/fp/oled_brightness on
--> echo 0 > /proc/stb/fp/oled_brightness off
- New HW Multiboot function added
- New Recovery Menü added
--> Images with New Functions in few days!
--> Preview Video:
- add rcu button detect to enter recovery menu while booting
--> if user want to use the new multiboot system, all image have to use the new ones. so all e2 team have to update there BSP to release the new image to support it!
- add STARTUP_ONCE checking while booting
- add image list on github oe-alliance/bootmenu
- multiboot image upgrade from network can update without usb device
--> Bootmenu Images: oe-alliance/bootmenu
- Updated files:
- hi-dvb.ko

OCTAGON GERMANY SUPPORT
 
Octagon,
Perhaps you can help. I have 2 X SF8008. After a while both lose all the channels scanned. I use Open ATV. Don’t like OpenVix.... The green button then only shows 19.2east. Both do this. Any ideas?A software fault?.... Thank you.
 
Just asking...anybody knows whether the Softcams Manager is included in the LATEST OpenATV Images.? Mine is about a year an half Old (the Image).
 
Octagon,
Perhaps you can help. I have 2 X SF8008. After a while both lose all the channels scanned. I use Open ATV. Don’t like OpenVix.... The green button then only shows 19.2east. Both do this. Any ideas?A software fault?.... Thank you.


I found by activating one of the plugins that comes bundled with OpenATV (Daves ?), giving a 'personalised' channel listing of 13/19/23.5 E, removed all the satellite searches I had earlier carried out. I could not find a way of reverting to the previous lists, very annoying.
 
Thank you. I did down load that plugin so that is very likely what happened. Is it possible to delete this plugin or just best not to try to update it?
 
I did try removing the plugin (red button ) , but the receiver refused to do so.
 
Just asking...anybody knows whether the Softcams Manager is included in the LATEST OpenATV Images.? Mine is about a year an half Old (the Image).
I installed OpenATV 6.4 image, on my Axas E4HD combo dated 2020-03-24 and Softcams Manager was not included, had to install it manually :)
 
OCTAGON SF8008: Kodi 18.6 + Netflix (Chrome Browser) Update 15.04.2020


- Hiplayer update
- Hiplayer erkennt nun DRM das umstellen muss nicht mehr gemacht werden
- Netflix neue Version
- URL eingabe möglich für Chome Browser (Netflix)

- Hi Player update
- Player now recognizes DRM that switching no longer has to be done
- Netflix new version
- URL entry possible for Chome Browser (Netflix)



Ab morgen in den Images!
From tomorrow in images!
Yarinki imajlardan itibaren!
 
Great receiver :)

I don't know if it's possible at all but is there a way to disable the Ethernet light from blinking when the box is in soft standby? I have this receiver in a bedroom and the blinking orange LED brightens up the corner of the room at night. :lol:

I usually have to use deep standby everytime which shuts off everything but would much prefer to use standby, just for instant wake.
 
Use the wireless facility, or use a Cat 6 cable with one of those additional sleeves that covers a larger area of the back panel

(Paint the walls matt black and wear one of those eye shades you get on long haul flights.)

((Some Ovaltine before bed time))
 
The latest official update appears to have stopped my receiver in its tracks tonight, one which had s replacement board less than two months ago.

Will try restarting tomorrow with a USB stick just in case it's not totally dead.
 
Done the same to me. Receiver won’t re boot after the update.
Any idea where you can download Open ATV on a USB to try to restart it?
Thanks
 
I kept the 6.4 version on a stick in the 8008 box, can't attach it here as its too large. It should be on the Octagon link further up the thread.
 
Thank you Channel Hopper. Might be a silly question but don't they thoroughly test these updates before releasing them???!!!
 
Thank you Channel Hopper. Might be a silly question but don't they thoroughly test these updates before releasing them???!!!
Judging by it killing the box, I would say no...
 
Done the same to me. Receiver won’t re boot after the update.
Any idea where you can download Open ATV on a USB to try to restart it?
Thanks
Done the same to me also...the Rx goes up to 100 when booting than back to 50......keeps going like that but never boots up properly. Had to go back
to Image 6.3 with my Usb stick. Will leave it at that.
 
Zorbua. Mine exactly. Gets to 100 and keeps going back to 50. I'm on 6.3 and have no USB stick with 6.3 or 6.4. ATV on it. Have looked through the thread and can't see a link.
 
I think this is where I downloaded mine from

 
Hello,

you must put this in the usb stick and do the normal installation procedure


Cardiff
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    18.2 KB · Views: 46
Back
Top