OCTAGON SF8008 E2 4K UHD

Looks interesting - Can you show us some lnb menu pages Chris, selective frequency range scans , Ka LO ranges, custom LO possibilities, C-band LO options etc - you know what i'm like matey
It has some preset LOF's John, but you can configure what LOF setting you like. One thing I did set it for KA, but in the blind scan I could not alter the end and start frequencies to Ka ones, so had to leave it on Univeral for it to work. Hopefully that will get addressed.LOF1.webpLOF2.webp
 
It looks like the box saves the blind scan results to a dated and timed xml file in a tmp folder. Does anyone know if this file is deleted when the next blind scan is actioned?. If the files are retained then a bit of housekeeping might be needed to remove accumulated files after months of scanning?

The golf picture looks really clear and sharp, is that a 4K picture or an HD picture?

Looks good so far.
 
It looks like the box saves the blind scan results to a dated and timed xml file in a tmp folder. Does anyone know if this file is deleted when the next blind scan is actioned?. If the files are retained then a bit of housekeeping might be needed to remove accumulated files after months of scanning?

The golf picture looks really clear and sharp, is that a 4K picture or an HD picture?

Looks good so far.
4.2.2 HD MB

As far as I now the TMP file gets deleted if you choose 'Clear before scan' in the menu.
 
It has some preset LOF's John, but you can configure what LOF setting you like. One thing I did set it for KA, but in the blind scan I could not alter the end and start frequencies to Ka ones, so had to leave it on Univeral for it to work. Hopefully that will get addressed.View attachment 119832View attachment 119833



Thank you sweet child
 
It looks like the box saves the blind scan results to a dated and timed xml file in a tmp folder. Does anyone know if this file is deleted when the next blind scan is actioned?. If the files are retained then a bit of housekeeping might be needed to remove accumulated files after months of scanning?

The golf picture looks really clear and sharp, is that a 4K picture or an HD picture?

Looks good so far.
The blindscan results that are in .xml format wil be automatically deleted from /tmp once the box is rebooted. I have altered this setting for my use, and save all of my blindscan results to a folder inside the receiver files. It will take a very long time for this folder to get big enough to cause problems. I do not think I have dumped this folder in 6 months or more. But as said earlier, the blindscan results are deleted when the box reboots unless someone alters this.
 
Am very interested in this receiver OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD
Those nice words were written by true means gentleman who seen touch and operates this receiver or just Gentleman from a manufacturer who shows nice pictures and spoke with sweet smooth words?
************************************************************************************************************
So much scam going with Chinise products * so far I not seen placing satellite receiver in the water to prove how good is,ha ha ha.
******************************************************************************************
I spend lots of money for Linux trash boxes and no one can do the job only can watch free iPTV,ha ha ha.
Do this means satellite receiver for internet junk?
*****************************************************************************************
I see so many pro spoken gentlemans can one or someone of you give list names of satellite receivers working properly with Blind Scan and only used for satellite reception and not only for iPTV.
Believe me I don't work for any manufacturer or have any financial interest in any of them, if the receivers are rubbish I will say so.
Having said that no box is perfect, thats why I have several to do all what I want them to do.
 
4.2.2 HD MB

As far as I now the TMP file gets deleted if you choose 'Clear before scan' in the menu.

4:2:2 HD is this correct was this the 4:2:2 feed from 12.5 west that my 4:2:0 receivers could not resolve & did the sf8008-e2-4K-uhd display this without use of a PC ?
 
Last edited:
4:2:2 HD is this correct was this the 4:2:2 feed from 12.5 west that my receivers could not resolve ?


I may be wrong but I think "scopus" used WEBIF via a PC to clear the 4:2:2 feed, I dont think it was cleared directly by the receiver onto a TV?
 
I may be wrong but I think "scopus" used WEBIF via a PC to clear the 4:2:2 feed, I dont think it was cleared directly by the receiver onto a TV?
Yes correct MB..
 
1) Can the SF8008 do blindscan for C Band frequencies as well?

2) Is the SF8008 tuner as sensitive as SX88+ tuner?
 
Last edited:
1) Can the SF8008 do blindscan for C Band frequencies as well?

2) Is the SF8008 tuner as sensitive as SX88+ tuner?

Yes, and yes
 
the 8008 cann't receive radios with small sr.
example on 42 ° east.
11555 H 405
11558 H 410
11560 H 400
the 4008 can read these radios without problem (with old driver)
the 8008 only sees the frequency 11573 H 1800 which hides all the rest.
 

Attachments

  • 11555 H 405.webp
    11555 H 405.webp
    204.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 11558 H 410.webp
    11558 H 410.webp
    4.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 11560 H 400.webp
    11560 H 400.webp
    203.9 KB · Views: 20
Drivers for Octagon SF 4008, not tested with SF 8008, I still have not this receiver, that work fine with channels that have problems with last versions of OpenATV 6.2, is a file named
"linuxtv.ko" in:
lib\modules\4.1.37\extra

Can be downloaded from here:
https://octagon-forum.eu/test-team/sf4008/sf4008-drivers-4.1.37-6.3.0-20170515.zip

After be replaced, the receiver have to be rebooted.

In case of replace the file from another image and the receiver remains in "booting...", the file can be replaced from the PC via LAN,, then disconnect the receiver, and reconnect it again, the receiver switches on, and works again. With the file of drivers that can be downladed from the like posted here, I have not any problem with my Octagon SF 4008. Not tested with any other receiver.
 
Drivers for Octagon SF 4008, not tested with SF 8008, I still have not this receiver, that work fine with channels that have problems with last versions of OpenATV 6.2, is a file named
"linuxtv.ko" in:
lib\modules\4.1.37\extra

Can be downloaded from here:
https://octagon-forum.eu/test-team/sf4008/sf4008-drivers-4.1.37-6.3.0-20170515.zip

After be replaced, the receiver have to be rebooted.

In case of replace the file from another image and the receiver remains in "booting...", the file can be replaced from the PC via LAN,, then disconnect the receiver, and reconnect it again, the receiver switches on, and works again. With the file of drivers that can be downladed from the like posted here, I have not any problem with my Octagon SF 4008. Not tested with any other receiver.
The SF8008 shares nothing with the SF4008, only the Octagon name.
Thank you for linking the drivers, however this would be better posted in the SF4008 section to save confusion :)
 
Please tell me:

1) How the blindscan works for c band on this receiver? (Since the range is 10700 - 12750 and I can't change the range)

2) Can this receiver find signals for FEED channels on C Band on normal autoscan?
 
You need to set the receiver up for C-band in the lnb settings (and have it connected to a C-band lnb). If its set for Ku then you will never be able to scan C-band.
 
I have 2C-band satellites and 1 ku-band satellite working however when I try to do a blindscan on C-band on SF8008, the range does not change for the C-band satellite.
 
Back
Top