OCTAGON SF8008 E2 4K UHD

I don't understand,
What do you need?
Menu/Setup/Usage&Gui/STB Display/Display Settings… you can change as you like the color, turn it off.
 
The reply and followup was for darkango, really just confirming the standby issue he has is independent of the firmware date.
 
Thanks guys

It's really strange, my box never used to show the blue light in standby. I've checked the motor and the light does indeed turn off when standby mode is entered, so the box does power off the tuner.

I see OpenVix 5.3 is now out so I may just flash with this as I'm currently using 5.2.
 
I've seen both OpenVix and OpenPLi (7.1) on the usual download sites.

Both are in the same region of memory as OpenATV 6.3. (280 MB )
 
If I may ask. Whats the difference between 6.2 and 6.3 please? Worth the upgrade?
 
The difference is small, it is an evolution of 6.2
I think it's worth it, because they will no longer post updates on 6.2
 
Considering buying...simple question, can I record to a USB 3.0 flash drive including multi streams and UHD ?
 
The difference is small, it is an evolution of 6.2
I think it's worth it, because they will no longer post updates on 6.2
Hi. Could you tell me please how to upgrade to 6.3 please.
Thanks
 
Download OpenATV 6.3 onto your PC hard drive, extract all files to a new folder and send to the USB stick root folder (including usb_update.bin) then put the stick onto the side of the receiver.
 
Hi,
you have to make a clean install.


Sf8008 USB Offline Update.

the following is required:

1) Download latest Enigma2 Image openATV Nightly Downloads
2) USB 2.0 stick better 3.0 minimum 2 GB or more Formatted with FAT32
3) Unpack the image on the USB stick.
4) Turn off the box.
5) Plug the USB stick into the USB 3.0 port on the right side.
6) Press and hold the standby button and switch on the box until "Updt" is displayed.
6) Select "Recovery From USB".
7) Box restarts when update is completed.

 
Where do you get the many different skins available?
 
OpenATV have a lot of skins on their feeds. Mind you though, some may not be well updated!
 
I've seen both OpenVix and OpenPLi (7.1) on the usual download sites.

Both are in the same region of memory as OpenATV 6.3. (280 MB )


Tried - very briefly - both Vix and PLi earlier today, and based on their 'issues' I will be sticking with the ATV system for now (unless somebody can advise on another that they prefer on the Octagon kit).
 
I just flashed the box with the latest OpenVix 5.3 image and the standby light is now back to red, as it should be! :)
 
ViX appears to have done not a lot in the past five years since I was testing it.

Whilst it is the only one out of the three to offer the 4K in the set up menu, it still has the trouble of frame alignment of the screen ( a throwback to the penguin Pli) , it doesnt want to play ball with the wlan networking I have here , continuously demanding I fit a plug-in, which with no outside connection is somewhat awkward.
 
I'd like to know please if the 8008 shows the video feed on 10.492 H 2000 with a standard LNB ? Apparently this is possible. This is the amateur radio video 'beacon' and other 'feeds' might show up using very low SR of 125 333 and 500 up to 10.498. please report back thanks !
 
Back
Top