OCTAGON SF8008 E2 4K UHD

Thank you.
If you download the latest do you think that will sort it out?
 
The issue would have been with one of the OTA updates, not the 6.4 itself (though I did have some odd effects when I first started using it)

Whilst some sites confirm 6.4 as beng stable, there are others that suggest it is an advanced beta release, so perhapps there is some further work required.
 
only by usb key and it works perfectly,

Restoration is then possible (settings, plugins, etc ...


the zip file + the other files are in this same zip file (openatv-6.4-sf8008-20200420_recovery_emmc.zip

and "Recovery From USB"
 

Attachments

  • usb.webp
    usb.webp
    7 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Zorbua. Mine exactly. Gets to 100 and keeps going back to 50. I'm on 6.3 and have no USB stick with 6.3 or 6.4. ATV on it. Have looked through the thread and can't see a link.
This is the link I use for the OpenATV6.3 openATV Nightly Downloads
When you download don't forget to add the usb_update.bin to the zipped file (I used the 6.2 Image usb_update.bin)
 
The 6.4 image is highlighted as out of date by the SF8008 on an update (and the same lock occurs after the completion)

Will try 6.3 tonight.
 
OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD E2 Fastboot & Recovery Update 25.04.2020


- [SF8008] + [SF8008m] Update:

* fixed crash driver when press any rcu key

* fixed crash when load more as 3 Image to same time
* add delete image from slot (Multiboot Deletion)
* add common partition update get latest recovery menu
* optimise install performence


* stop der installation wenn fernbedienung betätigt wird
* fehler bei nutzung min. 3 Images behoben
* löschfunktion images auf slot x eingebaut (Multiboot Deletion)
* Hinzufügen eines allgemeinen Partitionsupdates (eueste Wiederherstellungsmenü)

* Installationsleistung optimiert


Wenn Neue Multiboot + Recovery Image genutzt wird, reicht ein Online Update!
If new Multiboot + Recovery Image is used, an online update is sufficient!
Yeni Multiboot + Kurtarma Imaji kullaniliyorsa, online güncelleme yeterlidir!




OCTAGON GERMANY SUPPORT
 
I loaded up 6.3 image, but the 8008 continues to show what I think is the 6.4 start up screen (black ‘A’)

Is this normal ?
 
OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD E2 Fastboot, Recovery and mkupdate Update 29.04.2020



- [SF8008] + [SF8008m] Update:

* fixed crash issue when press MENU on submenus.

* fixed issue when using a big usb_update.bin(big rootfs) to update.
* so now you can generate a usb_update include more then one images.
* keep at least one image on the box when you want to delete all images.
* buildimage update to 1.1:
* fix kill with large rootfs (mkupdate)

* modify for PVR streaming




Wenn Neue Multiboot + Recovery Image genutzt wird, reicht ein Online Update!
If new Multiboot + Recovery Image is used, an online update is sufficient!
Yeni Multiboot + Kurtarma Imaji kullaniliyorsa, online güncelleme yeterlidir!



OCTAGON GERMANY SUPPORT
 
4:2:2 Feeds (Feedhunting) mit OCTAGON SF8008 4K


Vorab Infos

Wikipedia Feedhunting:


Feeds immer aktuell nach Rubriken:

Installation per Telnet:
opkg install kodi-addon-pvr-vuplus
install pvr client

Kodi starten und im E2 Client IP Adresse vom SF8008 eingeben.

"scanne tp 4:2:2, du hast in der e2 ch liste, starte kodi, öffne pvr client, sie zeigen automatisch die ch liste enthält 4:2:2 feed kanäle"

Viel Spaß!

------------------------------------------------------------

Advance information

Wikipedia Feedhunting:


Feeds always up to date by category:


Installation via Telnet:
opkg install kodi-addon-pvr-vuplus
install pvr client

Start Kodi and enter the SF8008's IP address in the E2 client.

"scan tp 422, you have in the e2 ch list, start kodi, open pvr Client, they Show automaticly the ch list include 422 feed channels"

Have fun!

422_014.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 422_001.webp
    422_001.webp
    56.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 422_002.webp
    422_002.webp
    83.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 422_003.webp
    422_003.webp
    44.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 422_005.webp
    422_005.webp
    101.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 422_006.webp
    422_006.webp
    92.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 422_007.webp
    422_007.webp
    53.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 422_008.webp
    422_008.webp
    96 KB · Views: 25
  • 422_011.webp
    422_011.webp
    93.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 422_012.webp
    422_012.webp
    61.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 422_013.webp
    422_013.webp
    85.9 KB · Views: 33
After a couple more tries the box here is unable to to download the 250 or so updates that are held at Octagon HQ (or is it the OpenATV HQ ?), with the message saying I should update the firmware.

I'm given a choice on screen, but no matter which one I do the receiver refuses to restart, with the same 'hanging' issue of three weeks ago.

I'm able to reinstall using the fastboot and recovery service rather than flash from USB but this just takes me back to the same version, regardless of whether I chose 6.3 or 6.4.

Should I be reverting to 6.2 or even 6.1 for the receiver to install the missing upgrades ?
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    100.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    371 KB · Views: 24
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    333.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    426.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    226.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 6.webp
    6.webp
    289.6 KB · Views: 22
These overnight updates are not tested thoroughly before release. I have 2 receivers both are out of use due to updates of 3 weeks ago . Makes you think twice before buying them for sure.
 
I have not checked if I can remove some of them before updating perhaps choose the first 50% and then go in stages towards the full number.

Is that possible or do you have to carry out the lot in one go ?
 
I have Openvix on mine. Did the Recovery EMMC and its all working a :-biglaughtreat.
 
I think the Kernel version has changed hence you cannot update from the USB. If ATV is the same as VIX, enter the 'Software Section' and 'Image Manager' and you can flash from there, either by a download if you are LAN connected or by FTP transferring your new Multiboot image to the 'Imagebackup' folder then you can flash.
 
So I was getting a blue screen after scanning 33E and watching France 24, thought I would install the 121 updates now the box won't boot up. Stuck on 100 on the sf8008 display How do I reset please ? I presume I have to install Open TV all over again
 
OpenVix do a recovery EMCC in their downloads. I expect OpenTV do one.
 
So I was getting a blue screen after scanning 33E and watching France 24, thought I would install the 121 updates now the box won't boot up. Stuck on 100 on the sf8008 display How do I reset please ? I presume I have to install Open TV all over again
Same thing happened to me. They don't test the updates properly before release.
I have 2 boxes out of use now.
Let me know how you get on please.
 
So this worked for me. Not inslalled any image but I give the link for Open ATV 6.4 after the guide here from WOS forum

1) Download latest Enigma2 Image of your choice.
2) USB 2.0or 3.0 minimum 2 GB USB stick formatted with FAT32.
3) Unpack the image and copy BOTH the 'octagon' folder and the 'usb_update.bin' to root of the USB stick.
4) Turn off the box.
5) Plug the USB stick into the USB 3.0 port on the right side.
6) Press and hold the standby button and power on the box until "Updt" is displayed.
6) Select "Recovery From USB" from TV screen menu.
7) Box restarts when update is completed.

 
OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD E2 Treiber (Driver) Update 01.06.2020


- [SF8008] + [SF8008m] Update:
* add sx88/sx88+/sx888 rcu support.

* Remote Contols as:
* SX88 /+/SE/WL, SX888 IP/WL, SX88+ Optima & Combo.

* sx88/sx88+/sx888 Fernbedienung support eingebaut.

* Fernbedienungen wie:
* SX88 /+/SE/WL, SX888 IP/WL, SX88+ Optima & Combo.


Info:
DE, Auswahl Menü mit mehr Optionen & Fernbedienungen später!
EN, Selection menu with more options & remote controls later!



OCTAGON GERMANY SUPPORT
 
Back
Top