OCTAGON SF8008 E2 4K UHD

I have two. One has a much nicer remote than the other. One is very clicky and plasticky. The other has rubber buttons and quieter. Who knows why and when it changed. Ask the intended supplier which remote you'd be getting

Thanks, the new remote does look better.

I guess both boxes are the same performance wise?
 
Same performance. There is a MINI version but I don't have those
 
I have two. One has a much nicer remote than the other. One is very clicky and plasticky. The other has rubber buttons and quieter. Who knows why and when it changed. Ask the intended supplier which remote you'd be getting


Can you upload a picture of them side by side please?
 
one is a hybrid tuner (dvb/s and dvb/t) model thinking about it, the other is twin sat - I cant be sure which remote arrived with which receiver - i know they both operate each other though.
 
My experience with Panasonic television remotes is the clicky plastic button versions last longer than the rubber buttoned types.
 
I always cover my remotes with plastic bags, it stops the writing on the buttons wearing off and any grease getting on to the board.

I'm surprised there's no full no cover for a Sky remote.
 
I always cover my remotes with plastic bags, it stops the writing on the buttons wearing off and any grease getting on to the board.

I'm surprised there's no full no cover for a Sky remote.
lol - you must be unique in that mate
 
Ordered the box.

Do I need to do anything special the first time I set it up? I've seen a few firmware posts in this thread so wondering if I need to update that first?

Or can I just install Open ATV and my plug-ins like on a ZGEmma?

Thanks
 
nah - just be aware that you can boot into recovery to run the DEFAULT NON E2 firmware (DEFINE)

to do this, turn the box on, and hold the front power in (assuming you have a network cable plugged into it) - you can install a choice of images straight from the box, onto the other 3 partitions

my preference has always been OPENVIX - but its personal choice \ preference
 
Ordered the box.

Do I need to do anything special the first time I set it up? I've seen a few firmware posts in this thread so wondering if I need to update that first?

Or can I just install Open ATV and my plug-ins like on a ZGEmma?

Thanks


The SF8008 normally ships with the OpenATV image preloaded in the selected boot slot and the Define image in another boot slot.
Have a play around in the OpenATV image first to get a feel for it.

Like "manik", I prefer the OpenViX image which can be downloaded and installed into the SF8008 online, no USB loading required.
 
i also use the RED-HD skin (simulates virgin media look and feel)
 
Not tried that one, is it available via the OpenVix online feed?
I normally use the Simple Ten Eighty skin that is included in the image.
yeah it is mate - with the PICONS, its a nice look (for me)
 
I have been after one of these for a while and have just purchased one. Lots of learning to be done. Just playing around with Define for now.

Wondering why I have a odd scan result on 28e:

12168.00 V DVB-S2 8PSK 27500 2/3

For a FTA scan CNBC Europe HD and ITV HD labels are numbers instead of the names just mentioned?
Signal for this transponder is great too.
 
I have been after one of these for a while and have just purchased one. Lots of learning to be done. Just playing around with Define for now.

Wondering why I have a odd scan result on 28e:

12168.00 V DVB-S2 8PSK 27500 2/3

For a FTA scan CNBC Europe HD and ITV HD labels are numbers instead of the names just mentioned?
Signal for this transponder is great too.
i must admit ive seen that 100 times also, and never worked it out, however, its never bothered me enough to post about it BECAUSE usually it tends to sort itself out - have you tried a blind scan...? also - i usually use CATSEYES channel lists, which removes these erroneous entries.
 
i must admit ive seen that 100 times also, and never worked it out, however, its never bothered me enough to post about it BECAUSE usually it tends to sort itself out - have you tried a blind scan...? also - i usually use CATSEYES channel lists, which removes these erroneous entries.
I know, a little annoyance.
I'm currently in define, I have been into openatv, tried openvix, not sure if I should have started with blind scan transponders or channels first but it seems to have scanned in, lots of channels in a big list.
 
Back
Top