OCTAGON SF8008 E2 4K UHD

I am having an issue whenever I change channels. The video is in "slow motion" for the first few seconds, totally out of sync with the audio. And then all of a sudden, it will speed up, and be normal. It's quite annoying when I'm channel flicking.

Has anyone else had this issue?
 
I am having an issue whenever I change channels. The video is in "slow motion" for the first few seconds, totally out of sync with the audio. And then all of a sudden, it will speed up, and be normal. It's quite annoying when I'm channel flicking.

Has anyone else had this issue?
Same for me, must be a feature of the box.
 
Wondering why I have a odd scan result on 28e:

12168.00 V DVB-S2 8PSK 27500 2/3

For a FTA scan CNBC Europe HD and ITV HD labels are numbers instead of the names just mentioned?
Signal for this transponder is great too.
These channels don't scan in with a name on either of the receivers I tested, so it isn't a problem with your SF8008.

As for the stuttering image, that is normal on an SF8008.
 
Hi guys, just wondering if you can help me, I'm using openvix for the first time and wish to use the signal finder app by Krkadoni. It won't connect to my box for love nor money. I assume the default username is root? and the password I have changed in the network options. I have also port forwarded the correct ports on the router and use the correct IP for the box, I'm also having the same issue trying to stream a channel in webinf, I'm stuck?
 
Check the password, and receivers IP address, again, just to make sure.
You can't use a lot of programs, like dreamboxedit, Filezilla, and others, in later images, without setting a password, and entering the correct password, in various utility programs.
 
yes, theres nothing complicated about this.
for ages, you have to set a ROOT password - so on the APP you will need the IP Address of the receiver, along with the username ROOT and the password you set.
if in doubt, just change it on the receiver, and that will work on the APP.
 
I've sorted it partially, my "better" phone isn't connecting, my older phone connected quickly and works. For some reason the newer phone doesn't like it.
 
I have worked out why my better phone wasn't connecting, it was because it was using my routers guest network and so I presume that was restricting my traffic.
 
yes, guest networks usually dont have "intranet" access, just web only. mines the same. so guests cant browse internal stuff on your internal network, inc connecting to your STB
 
@Octagon-Germany would it be possible to give the option to stop USB port power when the SF8008 is uses Define OS and goes into standby?
 
Because the HDD is on all the time when the box is in standby.
 
Does the HDD not spin down after idling for a set amount of time?
 
Does the HDD not spin down after idling for a set amount of time?

Not spun down as far as I can tell, using a 2.5 inch mechanical drive I can feel it soon but no noise, also the power light on the caddy is on constantly suggesting power present when box is in standby. This is using Define OS.
 
I have the twin 8008 and am trying to get an external terrestrial tuner working. I have an Xbox One TV tuner that I can get Open ATV to recognise. It displays locks but no SNR, AGC?

screenshot_20211217132009.webp
 
I have the twin 8008 and am trying to get an external terrestrial tuner working. I have an Xbox One TV tuner that I can get Open ATV to recognise. It displays locks but no SNR, AGC?

View attachment 139855


From what I have been told the xbox tuner is not able to return snr values etc.

I installed enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-dib0700_1.0-r1_all and was able to do a scan with that.
 
From what I have been told the xbox tuner is not able to return snr values etc.

I installed enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-dib0700_1.0-r1_all and was able to do a scan with that.
If that is the case then I cannot expect these values.
I have the same as you, the channels scan but no scales.
 
If that is the case then I cannot expect these values.
I have the same as you, the channels scan but no scales.

Are you using any bouquets maker for the terrestrial channels?
 
Are you using any bouquets maker for the terrestrial channels?
No because I don't know how to.
Also my tuner isn't scanning in the UHF55 channels, I think this the Xbox tuner at my actual TV says strength 100% quality 82%.
 
No because I don't know how to.
Also my tuner isn't scanning in the UHF55 channels, I think this the Xbox tuner at my actual TV says strength 100% quality 82%.
Are you using the sutton coldfield transmitter?
 
Back
Top