Octagon sf8008/sf8008m mini multiboot with octagon sx88 linux os

You mean the newer SX88 4K can get lower SR's than the SF8008 ? not lower than 250k though ?
the sx88 4k cannot get as low SR as the NON 4K model - i have both - the sx88 CAN get 900 SR - the sx88 4k CAN'T.
 
Can someone explain me if it is possible to use both dvb-s2x tuners on the octagon sf8008 whilst it is running the SX88 OS? Or how to configure it?I bought one for someone who wants to be able to record the french multistream channels and so it needs to have both tuners working together.
I think the Open ATV firmware is too complicated thats why it needs to be in SX88 mode.

Many thanks in advance!
 
Can someone explain me if it is possible to use both dvb-s2x tuners on the octagon sf8008 whilst it is running the SX88 OS? Or how to configure it?I bought one for someone who wants to be able to record the french multistream channels and so it needs to have both tuners working together.
I think the Open ATV firmware is too complicated thats why it needs to be in SX88 mode.

Many thanks in advance!
No, only one tuner is permissable in the SF8008 with the SX88 firmware.
 
No, only one tuner is permissable in the SF8008 with the SX88 firmware.
Okay, thanks.

That brings me back to open ATV, I guess. Or is there an image that is more user friendly?
 
Okay, thanks.

That brings me back to open ATV, I guess. Or is there an image that is more user friendly?
No, these E2 images are more or less the same..
 
I found some 85+ updates for the SF8008 last night, though I'm sure I checked less than a fortnight ago. Perhaps one of those has improved things.
Since I posted the above I have found the receiver will accept perhaps six more batches of updates, al between 70 and 85. Whilst the receiver is performing satisfactorily I would like to add the Define image to compare.

The Octagon download site doesn't have (or at least I cannot find) a section for the 8008

 
First of all, make sure that you have a LAN cable plugged in (DHCP must be enabled on router) - now, turn on STB whilst holding the front button in....this will boot up into recovery mode, from here, you can flash any image into any slot, including the DEFINE image (which is similar software to SX88)
 
Ah, I thought I would have to introduce it with the Micro SD card, is there no way to do it without connecting the LAN cable ?
 
i havent tried other means, so i dont know im afraid - its VERY convenient using LAN, as it downloads the image directly without any faffing, you can choose from openvix, openatv, a few others, it then downloads and installs directly into the slot of your choice.
 
It's convenient if there is a wired connection within a few metres of the receiver, which is not the case here. I would have to pull the receiver into the office and find a monitor with HDMI input (or take the television off the wall)
 
Yeah of course it comes down to circumstance - you could always use a home plug to get a wired connection and re taking a TV off a wall - you could just buy a handheld field monitor with HDMI like a Neewer F100
 
The use of upgrade with micro SD (or USB of course) makes much more sense.
 
agree - hopefully someone else can assist
 
how about putting this onto USB stick:

extracting - booting into recovery as above - then choosing local install via USB into slot of your choice...not tried it, but in theory should work
 
Last edited:
Thanks

I'd seen the word 'Define' a few weeks back, wasn't sure of attributes that I might prefer when running the 8008 here.

Can somebody provide a screenshot or two before I jump into the deepend ? Thanks
 
what do you want a screen shot of? the software look and feel , if so, same as SX88

video here...1m 50s
 
Last edited:
OCTAGON SF8008 & SF8008M MINI DUAL OS Linux SW V10541 11-03-2021



OCTAGON:
SF8008m Mini
SF8008 Single
SF8008 Combo
SF8008 Gold Combo
SF8008 Twin



Changes:
1. Fixed some channel A/V no sync.
2. Add. Reload function for Stalker in TV list.
3. Update Driver RTL88x2BU.
4. Hotkey fixed.
5. Add. smod.
6. Info Button Select the groups to hide in Stalker.



Online Update:
Menu - Software Update OK - 0000 - Internet Upgrade: v10541 OK

Online Aktualisierung:
Menü - Software (Firmware) Update OK - 0000 - Internet Methode: V10541 OK

Online güncelleme:
Menü - Yazilim güncelleme OK - 0000 - Internet methodu: V10541 OK



SW offline - USB .mupg:

Recovery Bootmenu MMC (E2) SF8008 & SF8008m:



OCTAGON GERMANY SUPPORT
 
Back
Top