Official subscription card - Sky Germany

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I have a client with one of these in a dedicated box on 19East but now wants to view some other channels off 13 and 28 east, so a DiSEqC receiver is required.

Will the card function as normal in a DM800 ? Encryption aside, are there any likely issues with callbacks (if there are any ?)

A nonymous

Reaction score
It all depends on which card it is.

Sky DE uses Betacrypt, Nagra 3 and NDS encryptions.

As far as i am aware the Betacrypt and NDS card can be read quite easily in a Linux box. I'm not sure if the Sky De NDS card has the same overheating issues as the Sky Italia 093b card had with the DM800. If it does you just use a smargo instead of the internal reader.

The Nagra 3 card will probably need the boxkey and probably the RSAKey extracted from the receiver to make it work so thats probably out of the question.

Nano

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Thanks

I'm just toying with the idea of this receiver as the customer has had one before. I take it the same potential issues arise in, say a VU+ Solo.

A nonymous

Reaction score
I don't think the over heating with the NDS cards is an issue on the Vu+, but i would still play it safe with a smargo reader if it is indeed an NDS cad.

The issue may not even be there with the Sky De cards, i don't know. As far as i'm aware it only affected the old Sky Italia 093b card, i'm just playing safe here.