Old Dish New Dish

SWLANDY

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ageing 80cm HH Motor, and new Edision Primo SP2
My Location
Lancs
HI, I have just revived my 80cm Triax with JaegerHH motor, which has been outside for 23 years and been to 3 houses now, and still works, connected it to a new Edision Primo IPS2

Although i had to make a new LNB arm as it fell off a few years ago. The whole system being slung behind the shed for the past 3 years !
You can see the pictures for your amusement, the arm is made from a hoover attachment !!

I have received channels from 24 satellites between 53E to 22W which i consider a minor miracle considering the setup, all be it with v marginal signals away from the usual hotspots. I can even get some on 16E.... just, but not a sniff on 21.5E

However feeds seem practically non existent comparing from my years in the 90s/2000s, i was thinking of getting a 1M and possibly motorising it, is it worth it ? Am i going to get a lot of feeds located in Lancs with a 1M setup
Are there a top 3 satellites with most activity, i could maybe put a multi LNB feed if they are close together as an alternative ?

I do have other dishes for 28/19/13 already setup through a 4 way, so could add another dish etc
Any comments gratefully recd, Thanks
Andrew

Attachments

• DSCF5682.JPG
    DSCF5682.JPG
    255.2 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCF5680.JPG
    DSCF5680.JPG
    250 KB · Views: 52

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Good stuff!

I have both an 80cm and a 1m installed, but quite frankly the 80cm suffices .... you might get the odd extra feed and better results on 16E and 21.5E with a 1m but once the novelty has worn off, I guarantee you'll revert to the 80cm.

william-1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OP Gibertini 100 XP+ Inverto Black Ultra Lnb
Superior Dark Motor (160° max)
(50 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+Optima (A/B switch) Edision primo IP S2

Raven 88cm Mesh Dish + IBU Twin output
Stab100 H to H (120° max)
(53 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+ Ultra HD (A/B switch) Golden Interstar Alpha_X
My Location
Epping Forest Essex
I have an 88cm mesh dish that I bought new in 1995,
This dish has been used at 3 properties 1st as a motorised set up then later a 4 Lnb fixed dish set up & now back to a motorised dish set up,
The only problem feeds that I have at times are from 10 east when Eutelsat reduce the power output,
90% of what is available from 53 east to 30 west works fine on the 88cm.

I also have a 100cm that I set up about 5 years ago motorised 50 east to 31.5 west excellent for weak feeds on 16 east 10 east 7 east & 8 west,

Both dishes will track to 55.5 west but there is not much feed activity past 30 west these days just data streams.

SWLANDY

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lancs
Thank you for your thoughts, i think the dish at 80cm as it stands is a little compromised, with my additional supports etc, and probably not all aligned 100% at the focal point it is behaving as possibly around a 75cm dish. The feeds for example on 12.5w although most UK ones scrambled, the signals are up/down even on clear day. So i will have to see how it bears up after a while searching around, and maybe opt for a little larger at 90/1M area if reqd
Andrew

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Good stuff - its always great to see old dishes lovingly reinstalled :)

SWLANDY

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lancs
You know the sort of person i am ! saving a bit of money here and there, as i look down back alleys and peoples rubbish, for old dishes and LNBs !

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
You know the sort of person i am ! saving a bit of money here and there, as i look down back alleys and peoples rubbish, for old dishes and LNBs !

Not forgetting tyres and fence-posts as mounts ..... (Wonder where I've come across that before? :-funbounce)