Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
A UK satellite fleet on a Russian launcher - no chance its going to happen any time soon. The Russian have demanded the UK govt sells its stake in OW before they will agree to launch - so they will be de-stacked in the next couple of days & returned to sorage.....

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
I
A UK satellite fleet on a Russian launcher - no chance its going to happen any time soon. The Russian have demanded the UK govt sells its stake in OW before they will agree to launch - so they will be de-stacked in the next couple of days & returned to sorage.....

I wouldn’t bet on seeing those satellites again any time soon. Looks like the way things are going they may well end up as scrap. I hope the owners took out healthy insurance cover on them.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The Russians will deconstruct at least one of them to get the security keys off them. I hope the security keys can eaily be updated on the earlier ones! There wont be any more OW launches for a while - most of the alternative launchersystems are booked up years in advance.

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
The Russians will deconstruct at least one of them to get the security keys off them. I hope the security keys can eaily be updated on the earlier ones! There wont be any more OW launches for a while - most of the alternative launchersystems are booked up years in advance.
Interesting to see Kazakhstan have been in a long running dispute (nothing new there) with Russia over rental payments on Baikonur. Would it be a timely moment for Kazakhstan to address that outstanding debt I wonder.

Of course the Russians have a Plan B and the Vostochny Cosmodrome is currently under construction in Oblast Amur. I bet you’ll see an urgency in that project over the coming months unless of course Putin intends to spread his wings a little further.

I imagine the only launches with payload on Putins mind at the moment will be more of a destructive nature I fear.