only found a few French channels on astra

TURFMAN

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
topfield 3000
My Location
york
hi all ,i recntly bought a motorized dish and box wiht a 80 dish and have a spare topfield box so i thought i would take it to my fathers and try it on his very old sky systen he had installed in the early 90's,,they both like watching the german channels so had to try and get them some more channels,,,when i put in astra channel and did a search it only found a few french channels and not the cerman ons,,plus when i looked at the dish it doesn't look like its lookin at 19 deg east ,,dut they can get the german channels on there amstrad but no luck with my topfield,,,any suggestions please ? thanks

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Can you list a handful of channels your able to view, we can then check for you.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Exactly which French channels are you getting?

TURFMAN

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
topfield 3000
My Location
york
sorry guys i can't at the moment as i am not there at the moment,will go round and get a list for you tomorrow,thank's though

bigtee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
May possibly need to change LNB to more modern one!

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Possibly an analogue system that he has, with a single Local oscillator LNB. Meaning that you'd only get approx half of all the available channels from that satellite.

Upgrading to a Universal LNB would enable you to get more channels if that is the case, not sure if that would affect what you get on analogue box though as I've never messed with one, and the LO frequency may be different.

TURFMAN

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
topfield 3000
My Location
york
thank's all,,yes i'm gonna go and change the lnb if it possible,i have a old one from my dish so thank's