Openbox rebooting when driving motor

dekd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyUK, 2 x 500s, 1 TM500, 1 x LT Vista, 1 x DT XP
My Location
NW
Hi There,
I would be really grateful if anyone with a little more knowledge than me could try and help with a receiver rebboting when driving a motor.
I have two motorised systems and two new Openbox units. Both receivers will drive my ***** motor, but both units reboot when trying to drive a Technomate 2300 motor. Simply reboots when zapping sat to sat or when manually stepping E/W. I can get the motor to drive with the receiver when I disconnnect the LNB?
The old 500s will still drive the TM2300 just fine, but the Openbox units will not move without a reboot.
LNB is single Triax and seemed to be working just fine before swapping out, though I did occasionally have some issues with Vertical Channels and I thought the dish may have slightly moved due to weather?
Thanks in advance for any input.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Probably a power suppy issue. i.e it is incapable of supplying the necessary current. Is the power supply external? Maybe it could be upgraded?

dekd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NW
Thanks ! I was looking that way, but the fact that they run the other motor ok, threw me a little. Obviously not all motors are the same. Would by any chance a line amp help in this instance. I have a spare line amp lying around - spec "22dB,maximum output is 104dBuv.Fixed slope of 5dB.Frequency bandwith is 950-2400MHz" Jst wondering if it is worth a play before either looking at a different motor/receiver.....

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
A line amp would not help at all, actually it would make things slightly worse, as it too would want to draw some current (not very much though) from your receivers power supply, with no benefit. The amp is for the rf signal, not the DC.

Yes, I believe the TM2600's are a little faster than some other models, thus requiring a little more juice. I expect that if the specs for the two motors were compared, the current draw woould be specified. I was under the impression that there was also a spec for receivers that meet the diseqc 1.2 standard, in that they should be capable of supplying at least 500mA, or something like that.

dekd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NW
Succes !
Borrowed a friends Fortec Star motor, worked straight away, no messing.
For me TM2300 & Openbox no good.

Up and running with a straight swap of motor. BTW TM 2300 working fine with friends Blade receiver!

Baffled !

Robbo said:
A line amp would not help at all, actually it would make things slightly worse, as it too would want to draw some current (not very much though) from your receivers power supply, with no benefit. The amp is for the rf signal, not the DC.

Yes, I believe the TM2600's are a little faster than some other models, thus requiring a little more juice. I expect that if the specs for the two motors were compared, the current draw woould be specified. I was under the impression that there was also a spec for receivers that meet the diseqc 1.2 standard, in that they should be capable of supplying at least 500mA, or something like that.