Orbit Network & American Channels

al_madhi

Reaction score
My Location
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
Hi, ppl , wondering how does Orbit Network transmit American Channels such as ABC News , CBS News , NBC News , America Plus , History Ch. , super comedy , cinema city and Hollywood ch. from Arabsat 3A/2D at 26 deg. East .

Is it :-
1 - Direct transmittion from Earth stations in America to Arabsat and re-transmit back by Arabsat to Middel East Countries .

Or 2 - Indirect transmission - satellite to satellite i .e. Earth stations in America transnit to American satellite and the American satellite re-transmit back to Arabsat 3A/2D which will re-transmit again to middel east countries .

Or 3 - Through European Earth Stations- i.e. American earth stations transmit to American satellite and the American satellite re-transmit to Earth satations in Europe and these eath station re-transmit back to Arabsat 3A/2D which will re-transmitt back to Middel East Countries .

Any though you would have be greatly appreciated .

cheers .

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I think we could make a poll out of this, an intelligence test for sat enthusiasts. Or shall I just plump for the following:
I would not have thought Option 1 is at all feasible as I think the sat will be below or almost below the horizon from the USA perspective.
Option 2 looks the most likely scenario
Option 3 is IMHO feasible but unlikely
I wish I knew how to calculate for sure but on a Friday night my brain could not cope with it for sure.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Quite possibly they are sent by transatlantic fibre feed down on the seabed.

Option 1 is impossible as 26E will be below the horizon from the USA.

Dont think option 2 is possible for normal communications sats.

USA to one of the transatlantic birds is certainly possible then turned round at a european earth station for a second hop onto Arabsat, although if this happened, the frequency lists sites would have details of the downlinks on the atlantic birds..

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Analoguesat said:
, the frequency lists sites would have details of the downlinks on the atlantic birds..
That is why I thought no to option 3, but equally that would apply to option 2 so I think you are correct Analoguesat FDDI under the Atlantic seems most likely, but that was not an option proposed by al_madhi