Orbit Network & American Channels

al_madhi

Regular Member
My Location
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
Hi, ppl , wondering how does Orbit Network transmit American Channels such as ABC News , CBS News , NBC News , America Plus , History Ch. , super comedy , cinema city and Hollywood ch. from Arabsat 3A/2D at 26 deg. East .

Is it :-
1 - Direct transmittion from Earth stations in America to Arabsat and re-transmit back by Arabsat to Middel East Countries .

Or 2 - Indirect transmission - satellite to satellite i .e. Earth stations in America transnit to American satellite and the American satellite re-transmit back to Arabsat 3A/2D which will re-transmit again to middel east countries .

Or 3 - Through European Earth Stations- i.e. American earth stations transmit to American satellite and the American satellite re-transmit to Earth satations in Europe and these eath station re-transmit back to Arabsat 3A/2D which will re-transmitt back to Middel East Countries .

Any though you would have be greatly appreciated .

cheers .
 
I think we could make a poll out of this, an intelligence test for sat enthusiasts. Or shall I just plump for the following:
I would not have thought Option 1 is at all feasible as I think the sat will be below or almost below the horizon from the USA perspective.
Option 2 looks the most likely scenario
Option 3 is IMHO feasible but unlikely
I wish I knew how to calculate for sure but on a Friday night my brain could not cope with it for sure.
 
Quite possibly they are sent by transatlantic fibre feed down on the seabed.

Option 1 is impossible as 26E will be below the horizon from the USA.

Dont think option 2 is possible for normal communications sats.

USA to one of the transatlantic birds is certainly possible then turned round at a european earth station for a second hop onto Arabsat, although if this happened, the frequency lists sites would have details of the downlinks on the atlantic birds..
 
Analoguesat said:
, the frequency lists sites would have details of the downlinks on the atlantic birds..
That is why I thought no to option 3, but equally that would apply to option 2 so I think you are correct Analoguesat FDDI under the Atlantic seems most likely, but that was not an option proposed by al_madhi
 
Back
Top