Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Orbitron SX12
Invacom QDH-031 Quad Lnb
Pace 2600 C1
My Location
Valencia, Spain
Hello all.
New to this so would like help and patience .
I have just found a new 20 year old but unused Orbitron SX12 3.6m dish. I have assembled it but the 4 legs for mounting the Lnb were missing, 4 x 1.9m 15mm stainless tube on order from local metal firm.
This is a prime focus dish, should a C120 feedhorn be purchased. Does anybody have the same dish and could post a photo of the lnb mount method. The only other part I have is the large cigar shaped plastic cover for the lnb, I assume that there should be a circular metal plate for the lnb / feedhorn which this cover slides over.
There are no other parts in the box so I assume if there should be they have been lost.
What should be the angle of elevation, I am trying to get Astra 19 at present before motorising the dish.
Hoping someone can help me, thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Is this dish similar? www.vetrun.net/forums/showpost.php?s=30c128c32ddf1e4f8f611e87cfcab419&p=77666&postcount=8

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
<sup>Focal distance is 1273mm on the SX-12</sup>

<sup>The 3.6m version of the Orbitron was used as a base for some equipment supplied to the amateur radio astronomers in Europe. </sup>
<sup>They do require very careful setting up for a passable Ku band reception, the top end frequency range (12.4GHz and up) is not the best, and you should consider an alternative if you are fitting it in an area where there are potential high winds.</sup>

<sup>You are correct though, you need a C 120 flange LNB and the right feedhorn for the f/d ratio, these should not be difficult to source.</sup>

<sup>Good luck</sup>

<sup> </sup>

elgizmops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Orbitron SX12
Invacom QDH-031 Quad Lnb
Pace 2600 C1
My Location
Valencia, Spain
Hi,
Thanks for the two responses. The photos show the same Orbitron that I have, good idea with the brackets to connect the lnb legs. i was going to pierce the mesh but will copy your solution. Apart from the C120 what else will I need to source to mount my Invacom lnb. Couls you recommend a supplier.
Thanks
elgizmops

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Any Ku feed for a prime focus dish that has an illumination of approximately 0.35 will work. The main requirement is that you get a decent set of feedarms made up to lock and maintain the feed exactly in the centre position.

elgizmops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Orbitron SX12
Invacom QDH-031 Quad Lnb
Pace 2600 C1
My Location
Valencia, Spain
Hi, I have just collected the 4 legs I am going to use. At present they are 1.9m long 15mm stainless steel.
Will check the internet for the KU feed.
Thanks

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Keep us posted on progress

With the missing parts as a clue, the dish was almost certainly one of those boxed as a radio telescope..

elgizmops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Orbitron SX12
Invacom QDH-031 Quad Lnb
Pace 2600 C1
My Location
Valencia, Spain
Hi all. I have orderes an Invacom feedhorn with C120 flange and scalar rings. Hopefully this is what is needed, I will have to make up the mountings boss for the 4 legs probably out of 4-5mm aluminium plate when the parts arrive .

BoSSpak

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Orbitron MicroMesh 3.6m dish with chaparral polarotor,SMW X-LINE TYPE E LNB.Nokia Dbox1, DM500s.Drake ESR 2000XT + Echostar LT8700
My Location
East of England
Sorry not logged on forum for a very long time due to workload. I have the same dish. Here are few pictures i got.

Attachments

• plate.jpg
    plate.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 179
  • lnb&amp;feed.jpg
    lnb&amp;feed.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 192
  • assembled_1.jpg
    assembled_1.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 192
  • assembled_2.jpg
    assembled_2.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 174
  • assembled_3.jpg
    assembled_3.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 131

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
2 elgizmops: Found your initial posting on same issue. If you continue here than probably avoid some same questions asked.
3,6m antenna - nice size anyway.