P1 card shutoff starts

N

net1

FTV viewers escape - for now
Over the last few days, Sky have been sending out signals gradually deactivating channels on Version 1 or P1 cards. This will eventually affect the majority of FTV cardholders who have P1 cards. Yesterday, Sky Movies Premier 4, Max 4, Cinema 1 and 2, Sky Sports Xtra and Sky Sports News all came up with the banner "08 This programme is not available". By 18:00 tonight, all pay channels are displaying this message. It is noted however, that FTV channels are still available, and ITV2 is still available on an old P1 subscription card. It is expected the complete switch off to take effect by Friday.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hmm, this is going to poke a metaphorical stick in the hornets nest.

zansi

Moderator & General Globetrotter
Reaction score
Website
digiboxes.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Openbox F3 85cm dish H to H motor, Dell Vostro Laptop
My Location
North West UK
rolfw said:
Hmm, this is going to poke a metaphorical stick in the hornets nest.

Even the free card issued to dealers has suffered the same fate! any other dealer had a new ASA card?

N

net1

zansi said:
Even the free card issued to dealers has suffered the same fate! any other dealer had a new ASA card?

I have had my new dealer cards zansi and they are working ok.
Regards
Net1

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
For most of yesterday (with one of my old cards in) the message "your history, sign-up or we're choppin' you off" was appearing literally every 10 seconds on SKY News.

Swapped over cards (old sub card) message disappeared. I too noticed the 08: this prog is not available message across the board.

I naively hoped that they would leave the FTV stations alone - at least until someone in govt (who doesn't have a sub) comes back from their hols.

Friday is chop-off day, you say? Umm. I guess I'll have to stock up on DVD's, powdered milk, mineral water, dried veg and canned tomato noodles.

Have Fun,

mark.

shf

Reaction score
I can't believe what is going on. What is the point of OFTEL? There are large chunks of the UK (forget Europe for moment) that can not pick up decent domestican analogue pictures (unlike the Government and Greg Dyke, not everyone lives in London). The digital aerials don't work in these areas! FTV via satelite is/was the only option. Wasn't there a huge campaign to get us to buy the equipment to exploit digital FTV? Your reports suggest that we won't get a digital picture anymore (other than BBC 1 and 2?). Brilliant. Go digital by 2010? It's back to the 1960s for me. Unlike the Government and Greg Dyke I can not afford SKY's ridiculous fees and a TV licence.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I agree that this does need some sort of impetus from the Government, but has everyone affected written to their MPs ?

mjc410

Reaction score
FTA Cards Still Available, spoke to a dealer in spain who has 600 cards, and says he knows method of how to still obtain ITV, C4 and C5 for as long as they transmit on the digital platfom

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Hmm, but he would say that, wouldn't he.

FTV cards are not still legitimately available and I would seriously doubt that he has managed to accrue 600 cards which must have been previously authorised.

swiss_rocket

Member on the piste
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
70 cm dish + Pace 430 on 28.2E
My Location
NW Switzerland
Well it is now saturday, and we still have ITV, 4, 5, oddly enough with no annoying messages. I assume that the switch off is more likely to be at the end of August, or at least after the bank holiday!
Anyway, I don't think I will miss all those evenings where ITV offers Emmedale, Corrie and the Bill. Certainly not worth paying a Sky subscription to get that. Auntie Beeb may be the cause of this, but it is usually the better viewing.

mjc410

Reaction score
i agree that you can't get FTV cards anymore from BBC, but you can get other cards for other packages than sky and they do work ITV, C4 and C5

mjc410

Reaction score
Oh and yes the 600 cards have been pre-activated and so work in any box because BBC1 and BBC2 were the only channels assigned...but what happens when sky assign all cards?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, Ive seen the posts on other forums about subscribing to Pout or other erotic channels, but I reckon that this loophole will probably be closed in the near future, as they only charge a setup fee and then it is PPV or a nightly charge.

duvals

Reaction score
mjc410 said:
FTA Cards Still Available, spoke to a dealer in spain who has 600 cards, and says he knows method of how to still obtain ITV, C4 and C5 for as long as they transmit on the digital platfom

Can you give me his email address or phone no Please
"sat installer Spain " :-righton