Pace 2500 possible modification?

pmh

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
>
>I would like the video input to the VCR Scart connector to be output to
>the modulator. This would enable (for eg) the playback of the VCR to be
>viewed on both the local tv (scart connected) and remote tv (UHF connected).
>
>Is this a practical modification?
>
>Presently the autoswitching only outputs the signal to the TV Scart.
>
>I would have expected this to happen as a normal function. Or am I being
>too simplistic?

I am quite happy to do a pcb cut and slink solution if it is possible. And I have enough information.

p

pmh

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
T o understand why I wish to do this:
the enviroment in which I live is a mixture of French (PAL L?) devices and British devices (PAL I) which are not interconnectable using modulated UHF from a VCR! For example cheap French DVD players and Digital satellite receivers only have a SCART ouput, I was hoping that I would be able to distribute to my PAL I TV using the PACE satellite receiver modulator. If the modulator in the PACE rcvr could get its Video and Sound feeds from the TV SCART it would have solved my problem! I was hoping for a quick track cut and and link solution!

To add the knowledge pool it is worth noting that many of the cheaper (less than £50 for a remarkably good basic 14") French TVs are advised as multi standard which is absolutely true in that they can switch to PAL L/L', B/G, D/K (and some to NTSC) but NOT I.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The alternative is to buy a modulator for £50 or so, some of these can be switched between the PAL audio standards and loop it through the Digibox output.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
pmh said:
T o understand why I wish to do this:
the enviroment in which I live is a mixture of French (PAL L?) devices and British devices (PAL I) which are not interconnectable using modulated UHF from a VCR! For example cheap French DVD players and Digital satellite receivers only have a SCART ouput, I was hoping that I would be able to distribute to my PAL I TV using the PACE satellite receiver modulator. If the modulator in the PACE rcvr could get its Video and Sound feeds from the TV SCART it would have solved my problem! I was hoping for a quick track cut and and link solution!

To add the knowledge pool it is worth noting that many of the cheaper (less than £50 for a remarkably good basic 14") French TVs are advised as multi standard which is absolutely true in that they can switch to PAL L/L', B/G, D/K (and some to NTSC) but NOT I.

An easier, if somewhat more expensive solution might be to use a seperate standalone modulator (e.g. Maplin's Video Sender). Link the Pace TV scart to it and you have PAL I output.

See www.maplin.co.uk and search for VH89.

Llew

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
rolfw said:
The alternative is to buy a modulator for £50 or so, some of these can be switched between the PAL audio standards and loop it through the Digibox output.

Sorry Rolfw, I didn't see your post. I use the Maplin job, but has just PAL I but should be OK.

pmh

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Llew said:
An easier, if somewhat more expensive solution might be to use a seperate standalone modulator (e.g. Maplin's Video Sender). Link the Pace TV scart to it and you have PAL I output.

See www.maplin.co.uk and search for VH89.

Llew

This had crossed my mind, but I wish to rationalise the number of boxes!

p

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
You can use your French VCR to output the signal around the house providing you don't want to use the VCR for anything else at the same time.

PaulR

France uses SECAM L, most of Europe uses PAL B/G and the UK and Ireland use PAL I, the difference between the PALs being the sound. Most multistandard French TVs will understand PAL B/G as well as SECAM.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
pmh said:
>
>Presently the autoswitching only outputs the signal to the TV Scart.
>
>I would have expected this to happen as a normal function. Or am I being
>too simplistic?

I would have expected the receiver to provide the VCRs output to both Scart and RF output, but being a Pace, almost anything is possible. Before cutting any tracks it would be worth seeing if you can get a schematic from the manufacturer, how old is the box ?

pmh

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Channel Hopper said:
I would have expected the receiver to provide the VCRs output to both Scart and RF output, but being a Pace, almost anything is possible. Before cutting any tracks it would be worth seeing if you can get a schematic from the manufacturer, how old is the box ?

Yes this is what I would have expected! The box is about 3 years old, I was hoping somebody on here would have a circuit diagram and pcb layout. Any offers please?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Unless its a Sky box, in which case the regulations governing the switching pins are fully in favour of outputting only that from the tuner.