Pace 2500 ZIF Tuner Problems

Jammer

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi,

I have two Pace 2500 Digiboxes and could use a little help.

Box 1:

has "no satellite signal being received" fault. I checked the setup through the installer menu, lnb power is on, 22KHz is on and the hi/lo band settings are ok. There is no signal strength or quality, no transport stream and obviously no lock. Power supply values are all ok and I'm getting 13v out of the LNB in connector.

Box 2:

is stuck in standby, power supply values ok, no voltage on the LNB input connector.

Is it worth swapping parts from one box to the other (so I can have at least one working box), and what should I swap?

Thanks in advance

Jammer

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
If the PSU is a separate item to the main board then why not ?

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
If actually faulty, working Zif tuners are (or were!) available VERY cheap on Internet, use Google to find suppliers.

Don't know about 2500, but my 2200 has a fusable protection link for the lnb dc volts going into tuner, if present that can sometimes blow, so check for volts going into it (looks like a ceramic disc capacitor, trace back the dc volts line from tuner pin 1 nearest lnb socket). If blown, available from various places, eg www.grandata.co.uk .

If no dc volts into fusable link, it's necessary to check further back to the 14/18 v generation section, either a tranny or 3 pin regulator, both "spottable" from the tiny metal heatsink lug.

(ps, on box1, also check 22Khz is actually there on lnb socket, or obviously you don't see default transponder, whether or not the tuner's working! Scope, or can use ac volts range on multimeter, 22Khz should register on that!).

boxnut

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
turnkey 700mhz athelon .5gb ram,120 gb,drive
j-test j-tag setup
sounds like box 2 is kaput,if you want to scavenge it you can rob the tuner for box 1 and see if that restores box 1. keep in mind, the tuner from box 2 could be faulty also,so all of this would be reasearch and development.
g-luck m8t 'boxnut'

Jammer

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I swaaped the tuners this morning and the fault moved with it - box 1 now stuck in standby, box 2 switches on, but I'll have to wait to check for sat reception till I get home tonight.

It was a bugger to get the tuners out, but I soldered a socket in to make it easier to swapr, replace them next time - why didn't Pace do that?

del

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
If you're quite sure it's the zif tuner, then see:

www.mces.co.uk/Offers.htm .

(hmmm .... I did say they were "very" cheap, but the price seems to have risen!).