Pace and On Didge R they Collaberating

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 23-Jan-02 AT 06:37 PM (GMT)]I aquired a Pace setop box about 2months ago.(Got it cheap 20squid +
my old cable box.)Now this was a newish box (badged ITV Didge)on the rear production date mid nov 2001.I have had all kinds of probs with this box.Wont read anything under kev 6.3,locking up ,Ive tied bulletproof ,taliban,omega,still the same.Now to top it all it has been blanked on selected channels.All PPVs ,Channels 21,24,26,27,28,and 29 all i get is a black screen with a red square(I know bad signal but not so Nokia works fine on aerial .Ive got kev6.4 in even tried FEB codes still the same,Any1 got any ideas if so i wont have 2 go round to PACE and shuv it up their rses.My Nokia box works like a dream (i let the kids have this when i got the pace)Methinks i will have to repo it.

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 23-Jan-02 AT 09:31 PM (GMT)]Not sure about the software on the card but the card chip faces down on a Nokia and I think up on the Pace!
As for the Red dot - Is the box outputing it's RF signal to your television on a channel that is being used by one of the incoming muxes. I have known the output to be strong enough to interfere with the incoming signals. Check also other items that may be daisy chained in the incoming RF cable to ensure they are not interfering!

Burnt Chips

Reaction score
My Location
have had it working up until these last batch of ecm:s 80% of channels
are ok ,just wondering if the ecm:s can effect the channel that is on at the time ie (dump the channel from the box memory)Ive tried autoupdate but after 5 secs an auto update ERROR message appears . (unplug again) If this is so (goldie will have to retire)and i will after get me a faster card (silver or funcard)but not got a clue how to reprogramme the box.There must b some1 out their with 1 of the latest pace box was wondering if they r haveing same probs and if not
Y ME

G

g6wxs

Hi
I had the same red dot thaught it was arial probs but was ok on 1.2.3.4.5. so reset the box I needed a pin number off the original card all ok then the box updated automatically all working fine now
Ron

Burnt Chips

Reaction score
My Location
Cheers G6 not got an original card of my own but tried with a neighbours did a reset now everythings A OK.(Saves me a trip 2 yorkshire).Many Thanks D.