QWEST

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FORTEC PASSION with TECHNOMATE HH 2600 and 90cm dish with
ICECRYPT LNB.
DELL DIMENSION 4600
My Location
ESSEX COAST
Hi, could someone advise on how to set-up the east/west software limits on my passion receiver (using Diseqc system).
My receiver managed to save nine satellite positions for almost 3 months (up until a few days ago), then whilst selecting a channel on another satellite the h-h motor took the dish on a mystery tour which ended with all sat positions being lost.
On many occasions, if i eg select astra 19.2 and save it, then select h'bird 13 and save it, when i then select a channel from 19.2 i find that this position has been lost,when i then select a channel from h'bird i find that this position has also been lost.
However, afer a few attempts at saving the two above sats the positions finally are saved.
On other occasions i am able to save eg seven sat positions, but if i then add another sat position i then find that all positions have been lost.
I have tried setting the east/west limits but don't quite understand if i am doing this correctly.

regards Qwest

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Most people don't bother setting software E/W limits and rely instead upon the hardware limits in the motor (normally preset on delivery to 70 either way).

In your case, I should actually Cancel any limits, try Satellite positions again and if it still behaves erratically look for other factors: This should include checking that cable connections are tight (My Fortec Turner goes awol if the main cable isn't really secure at the motor end) and resetting the motor itself (Motek clones have a pinhole under the body for access. Do manually drive the motor as close to zero as possible using the buttons on the motor first, as the reset process will cause the dish to zero and if you are up a ladder that can take you by surprise.

QWEST

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FORTEC PASSION with TECHNOMATE HH 2600 and 90cm dish with
ICECRYPT LNB.
DELL DIMENSION 4600
My Location
ESSEX COAST
Hi
Thank you for your quick response to my problem.
I do not use the east/west (software) limits but have in the past tried using this facility to no avail.
Cables to the motor were checked a few days ago and are secuely connected.
As i mentioned in my thread after several attempts astra 19.2 & hotbird positions were eventually saved and i have now added astra 3a, badre and eurobird9
but i know these positions will be lost in the coming days or weeks for no apparent reason (when selecting a channel from a different satellite or whilst adding another satellite).

regards Qwest