Patched 6 in 1

crazymonkey

Reaction score
Hi there,
Im also new to this business of satellite, but i just bought a Technomate 5500 DAPCI reciever. I would appreciate it if someone could tell me what exactly is meant by "Patched 6 in 1". I have searched for an explanation on the net but to no avail. I believe it to mean that it has an embedded MM. But I really dont know. Also what are the main benefits of this? I apologise in advanve for my ignorance.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It doesn't have an embedded MM, but if it is stated as patched as 6 in 1, then it will accept any cards with a 6 in 1 file.

crazymonkey

Reaction score
rolfw said:
It doesn't have an embedded MM, but if it is stated as patched as 6 in 1, then it will accept any cards with a 6 in 1 file.
Thanks Rolf for replying.
The thing is if it is patched for 6 in 1 fun cards then surely there should be some kind of card slot for this. The only thing in front of the reciever is provisions for 2 cams!. Like i said im new to this business and i could be overlooking something. Is there anywhere on this site i could find out the basics of writing cards with cardwriters and the benefits of the different types?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Ah could be one of the receivers which are patched to make a standard Eurocam act as a multicam, so you would perhaps need to get an irdeto cam to make it work with a funcard.

Better still would be to perhaps obtain one of the new generation of more powerful multicams.

crazymonkey

Reaction score
rolfw said:
Ah could be one of the receivers which are patched to make a standard Eurocam act as a multicam, so you would perhaps need to get an irdeto cam to make it work with a funcard.

Better still would be to perhaps obtain one of the new generation of more powerful multicams.
So you think i would be better off investing in a MR cam!! I can program this using fun card 5 or 6 is that right?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, but don't overlook the Dragon CAM, it seems to be the flavour of the moment.

crazymonkey

Reaction score
what programmer would you recommend with the matrix cam and fun card.

crazymonkey

Reaction score
Sorry got a bit confused there!
Whats the benefit of programming the cam? I would have thought that it was the card that you would have to program. "God love me im innocent"

F

FoneFreak

Hey m8, You need a eurocam to be able to use the 6in1 on ANY technomate.

BUT its not worth all that now u'd be better off with one of the newer cams in the BOTTOM slot!!!

crazymonkey

Reaction score
FoneFreak said:
Hey m8, You need a eurocam to be able to use the 6in1 on ANY technomate.

BUT its not worth all that now u'd be better off with one of the newer cams in the BOTTOM slot!!!

Ta,

Cheers for that, still pretty new to the business but think im getting my head around it a bit now.
One question which cam is easier to use? The Magic or Matrix reloaded! It appears to me that there's quite a bit involved in updating the cards (fun Cards)with the MR.