patching technomate

nistleboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 54c,tm600,eagle.80cm motorised dish.
My Location
n.ireland
hi guys
getting a technomat 5400c soon to patch and was wondering is that all i have to do to get the german premium channels like films and sport. also there seems to be a lot of pathes about do i do the most recent patch and does that do everything.on mon i have to make my mind up to buy a motorised dish or not this is for my mum and was going to try and install it myself,after reading forum not so sure if i could do it.there is a cam with the 5400c and was wondering do i really need it as the guy selling me all equipment said i wouldnt.also can you get a sat which could connect to two satelites without motor.sorry for all the questions and thanks for any help:)

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Yes, the receiver wil do what you want with the latest software. Although you must bear in mind that premiere is due to go to Nagra 3 soon and you will lose those channels when it happens.

No you don't need a CAM.

Yes, it is possible to install a motorised system yourself, many of our members have done it, including absolute beginners. Some DIY skills are needed and a good read of the stickies would be of great help.

Motoising is the best option for the greatest choice, however on a standard dish (80cm or so, for example) it is possible to have say 4 LNBs eg, 13E, 16E,19E and 28E, or other combinations that are up to 20-30 degrees apart.

You can also get monoblocks, which is two LNBs in one package to cover two satellites 6 degrees apart (13E and 19E). You can also get 4.5 and 3 degree ones.

Robbo:)

nistleboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 54c,tm600,eagle.80cm motorised dish.
My Location
n.ireland
thanks for reply robbo i think ill go with the motor my mum has already a sky dish on her wall and was hopefully going install it beside that. items im buying comes with an 88cm dish with brackets and 5400c and coax plus motor all in 205.00 just have to pick it up.i hope he gives me one of those sat finders or ill be well lost, picking up mon afternoon just have to keep reading and learning. thats a shame about the german channels was hoping to watch football at my mums prob have to invest in digitalb or something.just wondering robbo what is the point of the cam im a bit lost there. is it useless if so ill prob buy the 5300 without the cam.thanks again for your help robbo i have been reading the forums the past few weeks and noticed you and 3 to 4 others spend a lot of time helping out.cheers again:cool: