pc software spectrum analyzer?

krishn

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dvb s2 usb for pc
My Location
india-gujarat
is any software available which I can install in pc and it works as a spectrum analyzer?

I have never used any spectrum analyzer and never seen it personally. my idea is to get feeds by using spectrum analyzer software.

thanks

krishn

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dvb s2 usb for pc
My Location
india-gujarat
please let me know if anybody aware.

starman345

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
10' c/ku dish Bullseye II feed, Gbox 3000, 90cm Dish, SG-2100,
Prof 7301 PCI
TBS 8922 PCI
TBS 6925 PCI-E
My Location
New Brunswick Canada
I don't know of any software alone that would function as a spectrum analyzer but if you search "blsa satellte" you wil find info on a pci based spectrum analyzer. It is a modified Broadlogic card, you install the pci card in the computer, connect the satellite coax to the card, then run the spectrum analyzer software.
Unrelated.....I notice you have a skystar v2.3, have you used the hardware blind scan this card is capable of?

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
..Hi ..
I remember something for the dim and distant past ...which involved using a Nokia 9600 or similar receiver ...a scsi card and lead ...and some 3rd party software to achieve this ..
Effectively utilizing the Nokia as a tuner front end in order to scan the spectrum ..
The results were then displayed on the PC screen ..
Not much use if you don't have the hardware ...but it _was_ quite effective.
rgds

krishn

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dvb s2 usb for pc
My Location
india-gujarat
starman345 said:
I don't know of any software alone that would function as a spectrum analyzer but if you search "blsa satellte" you wil find info on a pci based spectrum analyzer. It is a modified Broadlogic card, you install the pci card in the computer, connect the satellite coax to the card, then run the spectrum analyzer software.
Unrelated.....I notice you have a skystar v2.3, have you used the hardware blind scan this card is capable of?

yes, I bought it for blind scan purpose only. it works gr8 for blind scanning. but limited to capture dvb-s. I am looking same for dvb s2, mpeg 4.

starman345

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
10' c/ku dish Bullseye II feed, Gbox 3000, 90cm Dish, SG-2100,
Prof 7301 PCI
TBS 8922 PCI
TBS 6925 PCI-E
My Location
New Brunswick Canada
krishn said:
yes, I bought it for blind scan purpose only. it works gr8 for blind scanning. but limited to capture dvb-s. I am looking same for dvb s2, mpeg 4.

The Prof revolution devices may interest you. They have STV0903 frontend. I've read blind scan may be possible.

sopetran

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Viewsat Ultra Lite
TechnoTrend S2 3600
My Location
Colombia SA
There are a lot of unidentified signals and the Blind Scan Proccess is painfully slow.

The software BxS Transponder Finder is the most alike program that i need, but it only works with a old version of the SkyStar 2 and i dont have it. It find the active frecuencies of a satellite first and before it look for the s/r of each one.

I cant believe there is no other software to find TPs.

sopetran

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Viewsat Ultra Lite
TechnoTrend S2 3600
My Location
Colombia SA
There are a lot of unidentified signals and the Blind Scan Proccess is painfully slow.

The software BxS Transponder Finder is the most alike program that i need, but it only works with a old version of the SkyStar 2 and i dont have it. It find the active frecuencies of a satellite first and before it look for the s/r of each one.

I cant believe there is no other software to find TPs.

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
It is possible to use Technisat's SDK tool B2C2status for doing rough spectrum analysis, by piping it's output to some .csv file and rendering spectrum graph in 3rd party software. But it's damn slow (about 15 minutes to scan complete Ku band), so no practical use.

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
It is possible to use Technisat's SDK tool B2C2status for doing rough spectrum analysis, by piping it's output to some .csv file and rendering spectrum graph in 3rd party software. But it's damn slow (about 15 minutes to scan complete Ku band), so no practical use.

dvbman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
120cm
My Location
worldsat
BombedOne said:

I hope you explain this more
thank you