Philips All Locked Up

T

Tritan

Help! I have a philips box and it seems to have locked up! When powered up it jumps to the yellow setup screen, and displays "press select to get started".

If select is pressed it takes you to the main menu where all options except viewing pref, getting started, and tecnical info are blocked. This is very annoying as it means that no channels can be viewed!!

Does anyone out there no how to perform a master re-set on these, and whether that will cure it? I read that holding tv on and off button together then pressing power on the remote sorts it. I can't get this to work.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
See this thread Tritan and play around to see if it works. http://www.satellites.co.uk/scripts/webforum/DCForumID24/434.html

Rolf

T

Tritan

Cheers for that Rolf. Ive tried that, also with slight variations incase he's got it a bit wrong. No joy though!! I think the problem I have may be a little different!

That guys box was stuck on ch11 where as mine still displays the time (only brighter) when booted up. I suspect it may have detected a 'suspect' card and denied access. Do you think putting a genuine card in it will help or is that goin to get shot too?

Thanx Again

bigrandydavid

site tea lady
Reaction score
My Location
elliots butchers
I`ve not got a philips box but this is (word for word) what I printed out off a different site ages ago. Might be rollocks, might work!
1. Power cycle the box
2. Switch on the box and at the same time hold in the left & right buttons on the stb
3. When the box starts auto updating release the left and right buttons and hold in the `S` button until the channel menu appears on the TV.
4. Go to channel 26 and select main menu 5-4 and do a store channels
Sorry if this is a load of drivel but like I say its copied word for word.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
When you hear of some of the weird procedures that do work, it's worth trying anything Dave. None of them sound logical when you first hear them, but more often than not they work. :)

Rolf

bigrandydavid

site tea lady
Reaction score
My Location
elliots butchers
I hope so Rolf. It would be nice to actually be helpful to someone rather than just sucking information off the board all the time.

kdt

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Take a look at a post I made a few weeks ago about my friends box that locked up on 11 and refuse to do anything.

As it says, his wife the fix whilst talking to Ixx Dixxxx so she may have told me the tail wrong.

I had his box for a night and could do nothing with it.

If it doesnt work email me direct and I will ask her to show me what happend again in case she has got it wrong.

T.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I wouldn't worry about it Dave, everyone has something to offer, even if they're not aware of it yet. That's what makes these forums work, you don't have to be an expert to contribute and sometimes just testing or confirming something can be a help.

Bear in mind also that the Miscellaneous and Chit chat forums are for more general topics and in the latter case, it just needs to be interesting , not about satellites at all. :)

Rolf