Pictures of Members' Systems

The actual antenna element is inside of the can. Have you ever opened up the face of and LNB? In the can is a small piece of wire sticking straight up (vertically). It is only about 3 Cm tall. It is vertical to receive/transmit on a vertical plane. The can "focuses" only towards the dish. The dish reflects it and focuses it even more. So the signal is then amplified due to it being concentrated to one specific area.
 
Thank's for that link Rolfw, really got itchy fingers to start "playing again". Trouble is that the minds active but the body has aged, arthritic fingers and eyesight failing (age related macular degeneration). Made nice reading, bought back memories of past experimenting. Have bookmarked the site for further reading of other links.

Thank's again. Cheers H-B.
 
Checkout this "beast" I've recently been experimenting with!!

12616138_9b9fc433ca.jpg



But when the light catches her...

12616216_d69e51633c.jpg
 
Nice one MCA, is it a travel dish & LNB?
 
T_G said:
Nice one MCA, is it a travel dish & LNB?
it is indeed, not a powerful system but fun to play about with! ...the lnb on the 2nd pic is from a minidish (had reception problems with the supplied lnb)
 
mca said:
it is indeed, not a powerful system but fun to play about with! ...the lnb on the 2nd pic is from a minidish (had reception problems with the supplied lnb)

INTERESTING!!!! How do you set it up, does it stand on the floor? Do you actually use it when travelling??

Please give me some more info, this is great, I like it! :)
 
I believe that CH may have a couple of these dishes. :)
 
T_G said:
INTERESTING!!!! How do you set it up, does it stand on the floor? Do you actually use it when travelling??

Please give me some more info, this is great, I like it! :)

Easy to set up (once you have the hang of it). You can set it up nearly anywhere, in the case, with the supplied clamp ...even to a window with the suction clamp. Be warned though, I found the lnb to be quite poor but others have had better luck with it than me. Haven't brought it anywhere yet, but I'll post back when I have.

Here's a few snaps I took...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96125972@N00/sets/307676/show/
 
mca said:
Easy to set up (once you have the hang of it). You can set it up nearly anywhere, in the case, with the supplied clamp ...even to a window with the suction clamp. Be warned though, I found the lnb to be quite poor but others have had better luck with it than me. Haven't brought it anywhere yet, but I'll post back when I have.

Here's a few snaps I took...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96125972@N00/sets/307676/show/


Man, this IS the DOGS BOLL*OCKS!!!! Does the receiver and the dish come together or are they available separately?
 
T_G said:
Man, this IS the DOGS BOLL*OCKS!!!! Does the receiver and the dish come together or are they available separately?

all comes together in the carrycase (and for €100 its not bad value) ...got mine in lidl (they come up from time to time), i've seen a few on ebay aswell but they're more expensive!
 
mca said:
all comes together in the carrycase (and for €100 its not bad value) ...got mine in lidl (they come up from time to time), i've seen a few on ebay aswell but they're more expensive!

Damn, missus just caught me looking at the slide show, and she already said "what are you buying, what do you need it for" in a voice full of negativity.....
I never said I am going to buy one....I never mentioned that....I was only thinking in my head if it was worth thinking of buying one, and wham she got me :P

Wimmen, they got a 6th sense for sat equipment.... :-bunny
 
good for the price i think it was #85 quid from lidls,the receiver is 12v/240v i had a look round and u cant get a 12v recever on its own for 85 quid.

regards stevo

when i say i havent used it yet,i mean caravaning,camping,etc works great on sly.
 
Hallo guys, this is my first post here, therefore i would like to present my setup.

The smallest one is 80cm with 2 LNBs directed at Astra 19E and Hotbird 13E

middle one is MABO 115x128 motorised with INVACOM LNB 0,3 db

grey dish is 180cm parabolic dish which is going to be directed at Astra 2d, should be enough to pick V polarisation at least.

regards
Iggy
 
Nice setup Iggy.:)
 
DaveE said:
The Lidl camping set is back on Monday 23 May:
http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/index.nsf/pages/c.o.oow.20050523.p.Portable_Satellite_Receiver

I got it last year too - it's a great introduction to satellite - and according to reports I've read this year's receiver (Porty II) doesn't suffer from the overheating problems that last year's did (I switch mine off at the back when I'm not using it otherwise it really does get hot).
niceone mate,and if i remember rightly they have about 5 per store so get down there early.


regards stevo
 
Back
Top