Pictures of Members' Systems

A 1.8mtr wall mounted dish.:eek:

WOW ! hope it holds. It certainly looks the business, :D
Have you got anything on it yet ??


L.
 
Just round the corner a poor little Canal+ dish.... ooooohhhhhh!

:P
 
Lancelot said:
A 1.8mtr wall mounted dish.:eek:

WOW ! hope it holds. It certainly looks the business, :D
Have you got anything on it yet ??


L.

Of course i have, it's directed at Astra 2D, receives all V transponders perfectly, but no H's at all

rgds
 
Here`s my Gregorian 1.2M dish and control centre inside!!
 
Hi crossbones, welcome to the forum. I like the Gregorian, always fancied one of those myself :D

Llew
 
CROSSBONES said:
Here`s my Gregorian 1.2M dish and control centre inside!!

Nice on C-Bones!
I like the small deflector dish in front of the LNB. Also the fact that there is a Dreambox in your set up!

Welcome to the Forum! :-1welcome
 
Thanks for the welcome guy`s, looks like a cool place to be!

Llew, Get one m8 there great, only draw back as your probably aware, are the motors. But im lucky enough as I have another spare two. (not for sale by the way)
O-Ha Im from S Wales and traveled all the way to Peterborough to get it!! Wife thought I was nuts......lol Im after a 1.8M Gregorian if there any left, and not extinct

T_G best rx`er ive owned!
 
I've always fancied a Gregorian myself. I didn't know they went above 1.2m though.

If you find a 1.8m one let me know if there's a second one!

PaulR
 
PaulR said:
I've always fancied a Gregorian myself. I didn't know they went above 1.2m though.

If you find a 1.8m one let me know if there's a second one!

PaulR

hopefully they are like buses m8, wait for ages, and when a bus does finally come there in pairs
 
Fibo never made a 1.8M gregorian dish, they made 55cm, 90cm, and 120cm.

Channel Master or Andrew what it is called now have a 1.8M Gregorian and a 2.4M.

But it's hefty prices around $3000 for the 1.8M.
 
Likvid said:
But it's hefty prices around $3000 for the 1.8M.
Ouch!

I would feel like i'd been Humping paying that much.

Knock 2 zeros off the end and I'd be interested! :D

PaulR
 
Yes fibo did used to make 1.8`s m8. There was a guy on toe`s who made an actuator mod for the fibo`s and the picture`s he had were of the 1.8m`s.

Ask Ray from sprectrum, as he used to sell them.:D
 
That is not true, i know the sales manager at Fibo in Norway and he have replied to my email i asked him today, the biggest was the 120cm!

Hei!
Din antakelse stemmer. 120 cm var den største.

Med vennlig hilsen / Kind regards
Johxx xxxxx xxxxx
Finance & adm. mgr
Tel: +4733xxxxxxx
Fax: +4733xxxxxx



-----Opprinnelig melding-----
Fra: xxxxxxxxx [mailto:xxx.xxxxx@xxx.xxx]
Sendt: 31. juli 2005 15:49
Til: xxx.xxxxx@xxx.xx
Emne: RE: Fibo Gregiriske antenner

Hej Johan,

Producerade ni någonsin en 180cm Gregoriansk parabol? eller var det bara 55cm, 90cm, samt 120cm?

Tack på förhand.

/xxxxxxxxxx


CROSSBONES said:
Yes fibo did used to make 1.8`s m8. There was a guy on toe`s who made an actuator mod for the fibo`s and the picture`s he had were of the 1.8m`s.

Ask Ray from sprectrum, as he used to sell them.:D
 
CROSSBONES said:
Here`s my Gregorian 1.2M dish and control centre inside!!

Hello CROSSBONES,

I like your Gregorian 1.2M dish. Very cool! :-)
I would like to put this picture into my gregorian dishes gallery here:


You will appear on the picture like "Copyright by CROSSBONES" if it's ok with you... Please let me know! Thanks!

Greetings,
Chris
 
Howde - Couldn't resist posting a picture of my monitoring area... having spent three days with a soldering iron and a bag of cable ties refitting it all! Pictured are Technomate TM1000-CI, Scientific Atlanta 9661 and 9225 PowerVu receivers, S*cam transcoder, JVC VHS recorders, Sony UVW-1400 Betacam SP recorder, Sony PCM-2700 DAT recorder and a PPM meter bridge. All are switched centrally on mains distribution units and housed in twin 46u racks. The dish is a motorised 120cm ISS dish up on the flat roof. And people think I'm a nerd????... ho-hum!!! :-)

Tom.
 
Tom Mountford said:
Howde - Couldn't resist posting a picture of my monitoring area... having spent three days with a soldering iron and a bag of cable ties refitting it all! Pictured are Technomate TM1000-CI, Scientific Atlanta 9661 and 9225 PowerVu receivers, S*cam transcoder, JVC VHS recorders, Sony UVW-1400 Betacam SP recorder, Sony PCM-2700 DAT recorder and a PPM meter bridge. All are switched centrally on mains distribution units and housed in twin 46u racks. The dish is a motorised 120cm ISS dish up on the flat roof. And people think I'm a nerd????... ho-hum!!! :-)

Tom.

Hi Tom
Your system looks wicked!! How about a few more pictures, that looks like a very clean setup!!
 
That's a very professional installation Tom. Definitely not your (my) run-of-the mill domestic setup :)

Llew
 
Here's some larger shots of the monitoring area, this isn't its full time purpose... I'm a video editor during working hours, hence the various bits of broadcast kit. It just seemed wrong to have a flat roof, a whole load of sky and a racks room without a bloody big dish to complete the picture!

T.
 
Back
Top