Pictures of Members' Systems

Hi Rolfw

The only problem with the speccy is that it only tunes to 1750Mhz - I have to use a downconverter from the universal LNB to reach up to the higher freqs,which messes up the readout. So I have to get the calculator out to obtain a true reading.Then I have to go and have a lie down.
 
My livingroom is getting decorated so I had to relocate my sat stuff into a messy back room. Sadly I can only get 19e/13e with this setup oh and 30w :) im hoping to get a 1m dish installed at some point to pick up more sats

EDIT: I deleted my pictures be accident from my forum attchments! but there back now
 
OK here goes mine, the BEC 6800CIP receiver, 1.2 motorised Channel Master, the Dell PC and finally, couldn't resist, yesterday's technology - the '58 Seeburg.

Edited to reduce picture size!
 
Blurry hell Norm, you may want to trim those photo's down a bit, they are half a meg each ....... Thank goodness I had my 1Meg connection set up today. :)

PS, nice setup.
 
Ok here is my current satellite kit for your enjoyment.

The pic with the 3 dishes shows a 43cm zone 1 Sky dish, which is used for experiments to see what I can get. The middle dish is a secondhand 80cm dish which spends most of its life on 19E, although being mobile has seen service on most of the other satellites too. The dish on the fence is another secondhand 80cm dish which is locked off onto 13E.
The 80cm dishes go to the Echostar 3000IPVA through a disecq switch. The little one goes to whatever Im playing with at the moment :)

The single dish is a second hand 60cm ex Sky analogue dish, with a twin LNB on it. One feed to the Digibox, the other to the Echostar via the disecq switch. Looking of course at 28E.

Our AV kit - Panasonic 28" widescreen tv. Top of the pile of boxes is the Grundig GDS3000 digibox. Then there is a Panasonic video recorder, the Echostar 3000IPVA, and a Panasonic DVD player / Home Theatre System.

The digibox and video sound outputs are wired up to the HTS, so I can listen to Planet Rock (Sky 861) and wind the volume up loud

Also in pic are 2 Digisenders - one on the Sky box, the other on the Echostar, so we can watch Sky in the kitchen, and the Echostar in bed. :cool: And finally an Aiwa music centre.
 
Externals: Around the back is - the old analogue aerial, a Digital terrestrial aerial and around the front a 70cm Raven Gemini motorized.

Internally: 28’’ Panasonic with Panasonic nicam video recorder and a hardly used Panasonic DVD. The DT receiver is Pioneer DBR-TF100GB and my recently acquired Technomate 5500 CI Super with X-CAM. Optical out (from Pioneer at the moment) to the Sherwood AV receiver which feeds the five Eltax speakers via decent cable ……….nice sounds! Nestling at the bottom is a three way scart switching box.

Oh and more remotes than you can shake a What Satellite magazine at.

When I’ve got an optical switching box I think I’ll be fixed till Xmas!

{I've got the pics but can't see how to attach them to the "Replt to Thread" page}
 
Try now CB65, just hit the edit button and click on the manage attachments button.


@ Analoguesat, I see the fabled Tyre mounts are in full use. :)
 
look at this, been tring to find astra 28.2 found it now and this is staying put. the sat co. that manage all the sat dishes on the roof of the block wanted 300 euro's to put my dish up with the rest of them, they said its not alowed in the garden, well stuff them
 
Just the 1.1 metre Triax dish, home made mount, and on top of the roof the Ham antenna's :D


Cheers,

Cor.
 
Razor said:
This is mine, with lots of help from CH.

Indoors is a Force D-Master 1122s with EMB via and conax. Must say the conax slot works great with a Tit card. I have a MR in CI slot 1 and this also works well. My dish can move from 62E to 45W but I only have sats between 45E and 45W loged.
Hi Razor
I love your setup.What is the dish size & what is the motor. is it 36v h-h mount?let us know please.
ben
 
Here is a picture of my 60cm dish pointed to hotbird that i took with my phone lol. I also got a sky minidish which i cant get picture of and a skystar2 pci card and thompson sky digibox to recieve digisat on :)
 
Ok guys, here it is.

Outside: On the roof is a 1.2 offset Golden Interstar dish with some cheap LNB, driven by an SG-2100 Motor. The whole thing sits on a far too thin pole, so when it is windy some of the remote sats have bad reception...

(Also to be seen the trees that block some of the western sats . There is a rumour some of those are coming down soon. I can already smell the twostroke O-Ha

The lower dish is about 80 cm offset I saved from the scrapheap, and is set permanently to 28 east. Got some cheap twin LNB.

Inside (from top left) Toshiba TV, underneath Grundig Digibox 200 (old dog but still working!!). Next to it is a small 3 + 1 scart switch (which I only need to use when watching a DVD or when recording from one of the many things while wanting to watch the other). Under that is the remote control basket. Next to it is an empty space, this is for the Toshiba VCR that has gone to the VCR Heaven. Might repair it though if not too much. On the bottom shelf is a Grundig DVD player.

On top right is my Pioneer system which includes a CD, Dolby Surround, Mini Disc (one of the first!) and cassette. Below that is a Premiere Dbox (piece of shi*te) which I am not using anymore since I got the dreambox. Then comes my beloved Dreambox 5620, and finally a very old Dual HS 152 Recordplayer/amp. Must be 30 years old, I still use the player as it is good enough for me.

Also to be seen is a small active subwoofer behind the right speaker as the Pioneer does not have enough oomph when watching action movies (something has to move when explosions are happening ;) )

All the wires-spagetti nightmare is soon not to be seen as I am going to hide thenm behind a stainless plate.

That's it!!
 
Nice one T_G, the roof dish is pretty exposed, not surprised about the movement. :)
 
rolfw said:
Nice one T_G, the roof dish is pretty exposed, not surprised about the movement. :)

Well, there is no point installing it in the basement :P
 
Better post a image of me working on a system at a client some time ago when i used to work with these BUDs.

DSC00015.jpg


DSC00006.jpg


DSC00008.jpg
 
That's a proper dish Likvid. :)

DiseqC motor? :D
 
Just what I need!! where can I get one?
 
Back
Top