Pictures of Members' Systems

Robbiewright said:
Sorry about the part 2 thing. Here are photos of the big screen the other dish onthe roof for hot bird and there are also 2 big speekers and amp around the pool so I can have the radio on when swimming. almost forgot, it all also all hooked up to a small 10 inch LCD screen in the kitcen for eastenders while cooking. :D


Only one thing to say:
R.E.S.P.E.C.T !!!

Your setup is showing what dedication to the hobby can achieve!

:-respekt :-respekt :-respekt :-respekt :-respekt :-respekt :-respekt
 
My system (the satellite part was only completed 2 days back):

43cm minidish working indoors on Hispasat (thro' glass and curtains), Comag FTA2CI (patched to get TV Cabo!), GEC 14" TV from 1985, cheap Samsung VR from a couple of years back and Pace ONdigital box bought for £3 at a dump (with TUTV, might cancel soon).

-rapido

PS. There's also a Bench DVD player, but it's not in the picture.
 
Cracking rapido, and still good reception on Cabo with the minidish?
 
rapido said:
My system (the satellite part was only completed 2 days back):

43cm minidish working indoors on Hispasat (thro' glass and curtains), Comag FTA2CI (patched to get TV Cabo!), GEC 14" TV from 1985, cheap Samsung VR from a couple of years back and Pace ONdigital box bought for £3 at a dump (with TUTV, might cancel soon).

-rapido

PS. There's also a Bench DVD player, but it's not in the picture.

Very cool. Great benchmark for other people to refer to :)

Can only but agree to that - T_G
 
rolfw said:
Cracking rapido, and still good reception on Cabo with the minidish?

Yep, with the correct alignment, it's fine on almost all TV Cabo channels (12012V is the best, I never have problems with that, on some of the others I get occasional pixellation, especially when the curtains are drawn shut). On some of the non-TV Cabo channels, I get no reception at all (even the MCPC channels). The picture did go completely when I got heavy rain yesterday evening, but that only lasted 5 minutes thankfully.

Picture does freeze once every 10 or 20 minutes or so, only for a fifteen seconds max. I assume this isn't the reception, but a bug in the patched software. I don't mind really.

I'm considering getting a slightly bigger dish, maybe even splashing out on a 65cm Metronic transparent one... possibly! (I'd maybe have to give up my TUTV sub for that!). As I'm on benefits, I'd have to consider whether it's worth it!

-rapido

PS Thx to both rolfw and my neighbour for the compliments!
 
rapido said:
PS Thx to both rolfw and my neighbour for the compliments!

What about me? :(
 
rapido said:
Yep, with the correct alignment, it's fine on almost all TV Cabo channels (12012V is the best, I never have problems with that, on some of the others I get occasional pixellation, especially when the curtains are drawn shut). On some of the non-TV Cabo channels, I get no reception at all (even the MCPC channels). The picture did go completely when I got heavy rain yesterday evening, but that only lasted 5 minutes thankfully.

Picture does freeze once every 10 or 20 minutes or so, only for a fifteen seconds max. I assume this isn't the reception, but a bug in the patched software. I don't mind really.

I'm considering getting a slightly bigger dish, maybe even splashing out on a 65cm Metronic transparent one... possibly! (I'd maybe have to give up my TUTV sub for that!). As I'm on benefits, I'd have to consider whether it's worth it!

-rapido

PS Thx to both rolfw and my neighbour for the compliments!
what!!



"I'm considering getting a slightly bigger dish, maybe even splashing out on a 65cm Metronic transparent one... possibly!".lol where you going to put it mate dont think your cabinet is big enough only just fits your mini dish.O-Ha

have seen similar in what sat but this bloke had it in the bathroom pointing out the window because he lived in a oaps complex and was not aloud a dish.


stevo
 
back on page 6 of this thread I've got a pic of my 85cm transparent Metronic situated in my back bedroom :) (Since moved outdoors!)
 
dave branson said:
Nice,where are you located?
I'd be guessing somewhere in North America within the yellow footprint: _http://www.kvh.com/footprint/DirectUS.html the directv dish gives it away - could be US/Canada/Mexico....

-cts
 
Actually....
I am somewhere in North America. U.S.A. What area? You can try to guess by the angle of the dish tilt! Heh, Heh....
Over here when Subscribers of a services like DishNetwork, DirecTV, or Bell ExpressVu change service providers to someone else the new provider simply unbolts the 1st dish and puts the new one on. The old one is left on the ground for the subscriber to toss or do whatever they please with. So these dishes you can get for free or real cheap. All three of those providers use LNB's that have circular polatity not linear. One needs to be match LNB to what they want to receive.
Here's the dish rundown that I have:
(2) 10' (3 meters) mesh C-band digital/analog
(1) 7.5' (about 2.3 meters) mesh C-band digital/analog
(1) 91 Cm Solid Ku-band Digital
(1) 15" x 20" (approx. .4 x .5 meter) solid Ku-band digital
(2) 30" x 40" (approx. .75 x 1 meter) solid Ku-band digital
(1) 85 Cm Solid Ku-band digital
(1) 18" (approx. .45 meter) solid Ku-band digital

Also....I know, wrong forum...
(1) 18" for wireless networking (2.4 Ghz)and installing a 30" x 40" for wireless networking (2.4 Ghz). P.S. - I have a dual antenna wireless access point (2.4 Ghz) outside also. If anyone is intersted I can also post pictures on those.
 
Hmmm... Nebraska?

buzz said:
Actually....
I am somewhere in North America. U.S.A. What area? You can try to guess by the angle of the dish tilt! Heh, Heh....
 
T_G is closer! I am is the SouthWestern part of the U.S.
 
buzz said:
...Over here when Subscribers of a services like DishNetwork, DirecTV, or Bell ExpressVu change service providers to someone else....

A CHOICE of satellite provider?!?!?!? :eek: Whatever next?!?!? LOL, before long, you'll be wanting some competition on price leading to a little 'value for money'!!!

Madness. :D


buzz said:
...Also....I know, wrong forum...
(1) 18" for wireless networking (2.4 Ghz)and installing a 30" x 40" for wireless networking (2.4 Ghz). P.S. - I have a dual antenna wireless access point (2.4 Ghz) outside also. If anyone is intersted I can also post pictures on those.

Yeah, I'd like to see those babies please... :)
 
As requested by BGonaSTICK..............

RE: ...Also....I know, wrong forum...
(1) 18" for wireless networking (2.4 Ghz)and installing a 30" x 40" for wireless networking (2.4 Ghz). P.S. - I have a dual antenna wireless access point (2.4 Ghz) outside also. If anyone is intersted I can also post pictures on those.


Pix#1: 1st attempt at distant WiFi from home (a used DishNetwork 18" dish with a Hawkings 6db antenna) I should have designed a shield in front of the antenna element.
Pix#2: 2nd attempt. (a used Primestar (a defunct satellite provider)30" x 40" dish with a homemade antenna element) This is actually very strong with 22 db gain. Connection distance? 10 miles (16 Km).
Pix#3 & #4: Other shots of the C-band dishes.

Enjoy........‹(ò¿ó)›
 
Ah, the probe in a bean can trick :)

So dish size isn't a big deal, as long as it's directional and in line of sight to the RX/TX?

Llew
 
No,
Think of it like what women think of men and manhood...............
"The bigger The better".
Actually the larger dish diameter will get you greater distance. Other factors need to be addressed. A formula is used to calculate how far in front of the dish on where the element is placed. it is proportional to the dish diameter. Also, how large the element is and if you are to make a "cantenna" similar to this one it is important on where the element is installed inside of the can. This kind of information on making it all over the web. If you are interested in wireless comunications with you computer do a search on the web for "primestar wireless" or "primestar wifi". that's a good start.
 
Can someone explain a little bit more what is inside the can and what it is for? It sounds really interesting!!
 
Back
Top