Pictures of Members' Systems

buzz

Mad Scientist on loose
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
10 dishes, 3 receivers.
My Location
Yank
The actual antenna element is inside of the can. Have you ever opened up the face of and LNB? In the can is a small piece of wire sticking straight up (vertically). It is only about 3 Cm tall. It is vertical to receive/transmit on a vertical plane. The can "focuses" only towards the dish. The dish reflects it and focuses it even more. So the signal is then amplified due to it being concentrated to one specific area.

H

Happy-Buddah

Thank's for that link Rolfw, really got itchy fingers to start "playing again". Trouble is that the minds active but the body has aged, arthritic fingers and eyesight failing (age related macular degeneration). Made nice reading, bought back memories of past experimenting. Have bookmarked the site for further reading of other links.

Thank's again. Cheers H-B.

emission

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 110 TDA
Invacom 0.3 dB LNB
NileSat 7 W deg.
Swiss
Triax for nile sat

Green one for hotbird

mca

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra 2, Astra 1, Hotbird
My Location
Switzerland
Checkout this "beast" I've recently been experimenting with!!

12616138_9b9fc433ca.jpg

But when the light catches her...

12616216_d69e51633c.jpg

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Nice one MCA, is it a travel dish & LNB?

mca

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Switzerland
T_G said:
Nice one MCA, is it a travel dish & LNB?
it is indeed, not a powerful system but fun to play about with! ...the lnb on the 2nd pic is from a minidish (had reception problems with the supplied lnb)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
mca said:
it is indeed, not a powerful system but fun to play about with! ...the lnb on the 2nd pic is from a minidish (had reception problems with the supplied lnb)

INTERESTING!!!! How do you set it up, does it stand on the floor? Do you actually use it when travelling??

Please give me some more info, this is great, I like it! :)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I believe that CH may have a couple of these dishes. :)

mca

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Switzerland
T_G said:
INTERESTING!!!! How do you set it up, does it stand on the floor? Do you actually use it when travelling??

Please give me some more info, this is great, I like it! :)

Easy to set up (once you have the hang of it). You can set it up nearly anywhere, in the case, with the supplied clamp ...even to a window with the suction clamp. Be warned though, I found the lnb to be quite poor but others have had better luck with it than me. Haven't brought it anywhere yet, but I'll post back when I have.

Here's a few snaps I took...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96125972@N00/sets/307676/show/

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
mca said:
Easy to set up (once you have the hang of it). You can set it up nearly anywhere, in the case, with the supplied clamp ...even to a window with the suction clamp. Be warned though, I found the lnb to be quite poor but others have had better luck with it than me. Haven't brought it anywhere yet, but I'll post back when I have.

Here's a few snaps I took...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96125972@N00/sets/307676/show/

Man, this IS the DOGS BOLL*OCKS!!!! Does the receiver and the dish come together or are they available separately?

mca

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Switzerland
T_G said:
Man, this IS the DOGS BOLL*OCKS!!!! Does the receiver and the dish come together or are they available separately?

all comes together in the carrycase (and for €100 its not bad value) ...got mine in lidl (they come up from time to time), i've seen a few on ebay aswell but they're more expensive!

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
mca said:
all comes together in the carrycase (and for €100 its not bad value) ...got mine in lidl (they come up from time to time), i've seen a few on ebay aswell but they're more expensive!

Damn, missus just caught me looking at the slide show, and she already said "what are you buying, what do you need it for" in a voice full of negativity.....
I never said I am going to buy one....I never mentioned that....I was only thinking in my head if it was worth thinking of buying one, and wham she got me :p

Wimmen, they got a 6th sense for sat equipment.... :-bunny

stevo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreamboxhd 800 pvr
2 x dreambox 500s
globalstar-m6 free to air
1 metre dish
80cm dish
60 cm dish
all via diqsec switch.
My Location
england
good for the price i think it was #85 quid from lidls,the receiver is 12v/240v i had a look round and u cant get a 12v recever on its own for 85 quid.

regards stevo

when i say i havent used it yet,i mean caravaning,camping,etc works great on sly.

DaveE

Reaction score

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PrimeFocus 180cm (Astra 1N) - Inverto Volksbox IDL6651n; MABO 115x128 (80E - 30W) - Dr.HD F16;
EchoStar 80cm (Hotbird + Astra) - Kathrein ufs910.
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND
Hallo guys, this is my first post here, therefore i would like to present my setup.

The smallest one is 80cm with 2 LNBs directed at Astra 19E and Hotbird 13E

middle one is MABO 115x128 motorised with INVACOM LNB 0,3 db

grey dish is 180cm parabolic dish which is going to be directed at Astra 2d, should be enough to pick V polarisation at least.

regards
Iggy

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Nice setup Iggy.:)

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Nice place you live in with your own terrace outside your apartment.

stevo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreamboxhd 800 pvr
2 x dreambox 500s
globalstar-m6 free to air
1 metre dish
80cm dish
60 cm dish
all via diqsec switch.
My Location
england
DaveE said:
The Lidl camping set is back on Monday 23 May:
http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/index.nsf/pages/c.o.oow.20050523.p.Portable_Satellite_Receiver

I got it last year too - it's a great introduction to satellite - and according to reports I've read this year's receiver (Porty II) doesn't suffer from the overheating problems that last year's did (I switch mine off at the back when I'm not using it otherwise it really does get hot).
niceone mate,and if i remember rightly they have about 5 per store so get down there early.

regards stevo

iggy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PrimeFocus 180cm (Astra 1N) - Inverto Volksbox IDL6651n; MABO 115x128 (80E - 30W) - Dr.HD F16;
EchoStar 80cm (Hotbird + Astra) - Kathrein ufs910.
My Location
KRAKOW / POLAND