Pictures of Members' Systems

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
well done m8:) , how windy is it on yer roof (hope chimney's stable)

boro59

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+, Diseqc1.2 h-h sg2100a motor, Triax 90cm dish, 0.2 lnb,
My Location
cleveland, england
Hi bronk,
not too bad on roof so we will see how the chimney stands when we get gale force windsO-Ha the dish is pointig at hotbird at mo.

xfox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan 550
My Location
London
How did you stay on the roof without falling off.
And how did you get the dish and brackets up there?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Crumbs boro59, missed those photos.

That is an accident waiting to happen, the chimney is only just about big enough to carry that sized dish, but only if you use a strap/cable lashing mount, the T&Ks bolted into the brickwork will become easily detached in high wind conditions. the brackets don't need to be that long either, just provides more leverage.

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
boro59 said:
Hi bronk,
not too bad on roof so we will see how the chimney stands when we get gale force windsO-Ha the dish is pointig at hotbird at mo.

Man your brave, id blow out instaling a 40cm nevermind motorised..

some steap roof. pain in the arse keep going up and down checking everything lol..

Watch it though.. leave your car off the drive this coming winter.. or else you may loose your no claims :-rofl2

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
Jumping on the ship with this one.

To be fair, you can't see the bottom of boro's terrifiying roof shot.

Maybe the mounting pole (goes through the roof) and secures itself to the attic beams (quite typical here in Germany).

At least I hope so.:confused

Kind of missed these pics as these shots are quite similar to xednom's equally terrifying roof shots.:D

Did you injure yourself negotiating a stupendously inclined roof and fall off without the neighbours noticing..... sats.co.kz .. can make an all fee no win claim against your parish priest ....

For G's sake be careful.:eek:

boro59

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+, Diseqc1.2 h-h sg2100a motor, Triax 90cm dish, 0.2 lnb,
My Location
cleveland, england
Hi all, Thanx for all your concerns was very easy installing on chimney as my attick has been converted so i just take everything through attick window brackets are very well secured bolted to chimney scaffy bar rests on roof tiles to take some of the strain off brackets, I`m in the process of getting some lashing for it. My only other south facing wall is the gable end wich is obstructed neighbours house so the best place to get east to west clearly was chimney.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Still concerned about the bolts in the chimney though, high winds have a habit of pulling whole bricks out of the chimney.

Just don't take too long with the lashing kit. ;)

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
rolfw said:
Still concerned about the bolts in the chimney though, high winds have a habit of pulling whole bricks out of the chimney.

Just don't take too long with the lashing kit. ;)
what can he lash it to?? i mean yeah you could lash the brackets to tighten up around the chimney but if the chimney is loose man thats going to cause some damage :-doh!

Edit.. just looked again, you didnt even use washers :|

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, you're right, I wouldn't personally put a dish of that size on the chimney, but if it's going to be there, it needs at least to be lashed and the closer in to the chimney the better.

A through the roff mount would be the best option and not that difficult to do, but it depends what type of room is underneath.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
If you take a closer look the brickwork isn't that hot.

I don't want to spoil the great job you've done, just worried about your safety and the insurance.

If you don't have permission for a dish that size and something happens chances are they won't pay out.

Better safe than sorry.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
That is always going to be a problem with chimney mounts, there is not sufficient weight above the mount for security under extreme stress.

timbo86

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020, CM 1.2 with invacom quad c120 & channelmaster feedhorn.
My Location
Belfast, Northern Ireland
A 13 inch craddle and lashing kit would be more suitable. Those t&k brackets look doggey!

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
Very definitely after the fact ....

Given that boro has just done a loft conversion - I guess there might not be many rafters that a poke through the roof job would easily answer.

But I would like to throw-in a daft one. What goes up a wall to the roof. A chimney? And where is boros install?

Being the daft self-installer that I am (i.e., absolutely my own stuff, lol) - I would think chimney breast/party wall. So, a lenghty pole, flashed on the roof, but, anchored firmly on the inside attic wall: thus, not requiring any chimney attachments.

The neighbourhing houses give you some idea of their 'age' - and that chimney does look like it needs some attention: with or without the fantastic new sat kit.

I say, good on boro for pulling-off a self-install - even though I know the pros here have the experience to pull the chimney down with their knowledge, lol.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
rolfw said:

Indeed. A lot of the old timers on the site know this page:

http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/roguesgalleryview.html (look at image 20)

but its worth reminding folks once in a while what can happen if things go wrong.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
better just hope that this doesn't happen

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Here are some other real nice pics from a true hobbyist.

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
Likvid said:
Here are some other real nice pics from a true hobbyist.

Satellite Heaven really does exist.:D

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
whats those black lnbs on the big dishes those for c -band ? . wonder where the location is guessing usa

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
Yep, what is that?