Pictures of Members' Systems

BarMoo said:
Yep, what is that?

Looks to me like an LNB on a toroidal dish.... :D
 
Yes its a toroidal like the WaveFrontier:

The other possibility is that its a normal dish and its broken I guess... :-rofl2
 
The 'big black lnbs' are just plastic weather protection covers for the lnbs. If you look carefully at the Orbitron labelled one, you can see the feedhorn jutting out on the right hand side. From the size of the feedhorn, it looks to be Ku-band.
 
2cvbloke said:
Looks to me like an LNB on a toroidal dish.... :D

Comment withdrawn.

Now I see how these things work. Doh!

Thanks for the extra pic Analogue
 
With reference to the above mentioned link...
I was going to mount my dishes upside down for the same reason, to keep grubby little fingers away from the LNB's.
Also to stop yours-truly from knocking his melon off when mowing the grass!!
We only have one satellite that this would really be needed, NSS6 at 95 degrees West of Australia, but even that is only if the horizon became a big issue.
A few shots to salivate over? Enjoy, Mark.
****Sorry was meant to be posted in Members Set-Ups section****
 
here is my sky zone 2 dish pointed at hotbird located on the ground! I found the dish with very few fittings and screws but still managed to get it working. Im just using stones and a plant pot behind the dish to stop it from going out of alignment!!!

sorry if its a little too basic for this type of thread :)
 
Nothing is too basic mike1, this is exactly what this section is about. :) We thrive on ingenuity and invention. :)
 
Hi Mike
If it works, it works! I wish I had this signal strenth!
 
I set up my SKY minidsih yesterday for Astra - (todays footie).

Got 70% signal (on the roof) and about 50% after 30m of feed cable. Signal Strength (on the roof) two blocks into Nokia Yellow - that's about 50%.

Footie went downhill though :o
 
Hi mike1! Hey, it looks great! And if you made it work, your a happy camper!:D
 
Sounds pretty good for a 45cm. anoor.

What sats are you getting with your installation?

Llew
 
lol mini dishes look so funny on motors. surprised you can get a good reception, thought a zone 2 dish might have been better to use
 
anoor said:
45cm Dish on HH100 mount, perfect reception on almost all the satellites.

Were you getting problems with water in the LNB?

Is that what the plastic bag is for?
 
Looks like an old Sky Cambridge LNB without the plastic case.

Here's my first effort with a zone 2 dish a few years back, using the SM2UNI motor.View attachment 7442
 
gameboy said:
Were you getting problems with water in the LNB?

Is that what the plastic bag is for?


Yes, I removed the orginal plastic casing which is collecting water on the feed horn Mouth and blocking weaker signals, and also there is a tree in the path of Hotbird which is just about visible. I am pushing the dish up the pole when ever the signal weakens!!!
 
Thought I'd show my two dishes not so much for their sake but for the view! If I spend only half an hour a day up here it does wonders for the tan.

The big 'un is not as big as I'd like, only 1.7m and no good for 2D. The other is a 1.2m looking at 19.2 and carefully seated to avoid damaging the recently laid insulation. I told 'em to leave the mounting holes open (next to the 1.7m) but my Greek was obviously not up to it.

The view out to sea is of Artemida Bay. We are just to the right of Athens' (new) airport.

We had a large fire behind us yesterday and I got very burnt (sun) hosing down everything the hose could reach. Next time an asbestos cap, I think.

It has been nice to see all the 2.4m dishes on this board, as one day......
 
Now that's what I call a view (2nd. pic) :D

Nice setup Biggles. Could do with that aircon over here...

Llew
 
Nice pics and great view. :)
 
Back
Top